January Transfers 2019/20

sne

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

No! You're not wrong, you're right TRO! It was a silly decision. These people aren't infallible.

Where's your Bruce-like support for Smith when he makes silly decisions? 

Why do only certain managers get your support?

wow that was from out of the blue, when we was talking about Benteke.

I support every manager we have ever had, even McLeish and god rest his soul McNeill........until there is a reason ( IMO) not to....with due respect, I don't think you have studied, what I was saying, when I defended him.....just typical modern world, just snippets folk picked up on, to suit their agenda.

Er...... if you read my recent posts on the Leicester game.....I said I thought Dean did magnificent, not purist football, but a professional job and a thinking mans game.....I was delighted with his approach.

do you read my posts on a selective basis?......I do write for's and against's

Edited by TRO

8 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Over the last 3 seasons.

Glen Murray 86 games 25 goals

CB 62 games 4 goals

I'm not advocating buying Glen Murray but in a straight choice between the two it’s hard to see why we would choose CB over him.

Well its looking like it's becoming more of a reality every day.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

The point of Reina is that our other goalkeepers haven't done anywhere near enough to prove that they're good enough to keep goal for us whilst in a relegation battle, that's why we signed Heaton in the first place. Nyland has only played a few games since then, that's not enough to mean we should risk him in goal until the end of the season.

How good is Heaton considering we're 18th in the league for goals conceded? 

7 minutes ago, villianusa said:

Thanks, Smith have some money up his sleeve. He is going to have to pay premium for a quality striker in January.

I thinks its really difficult for him.

Well he's better than Nyland, Kalinic and Steer, until they prove otherwise, Nyland having two or three good games doesn't prove anything, at the start of the season he was seen almost as a calamity figure and many had him as third choice behind Heaton, Steer, and Kalanic. We're not buying Reina for the sake of it, the club know we can't risk going into the final stretch of the season with an injured Steer, and a goalkeeper in Nyland who's only had an handful of good games for us.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

There is 10 players in front of him.

Teams attack and teams defend.......Individual players just contribute

1 minute ago, TRO said:

There is 10 players in front of him.

Teams attack and teams defend.......Individual players just contribute

I agree. Nyland was crucified on here in some games last season when defensively the 10 in front of him were all over the shop 

Edited by Kiwivillan

16 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

Did Klopp buy him or was it Rodgers. They obviously knew nothing. Lambert got him to score goals. Maybe Lambert was a genious??

Rodgers

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

It’s a fair point, but I don’t think he’s been noticeably at fault for many. I’d tend to blame the defence on the whole. Hopefully the new set up continues to make us more solid and the stats improve. It’s possibly one of those stats that can be misused, in that if our goals conceded gets better, although it will probably be largely down to a tactical change, just looking at the figures the new GK/Nyland/Steer will appear better than Heaton. Of course that could also be true. Stats eh?

Id seriously give the spot to none other than our Indiana Vasilev if We can't find anyone. He could save us a chunk of cash, gives the lad experience and you never know he may bag some goals and be fantastic as he's been since he swapped in the u23s.

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I agree. Nyland was crucified on here in some games last season when defensively the 10 in front of him were all over the shop 

Yeah, thats true.....but some of the criticism was justified.

But his form is transformed......that happens.

He is playing with so much confidence now.

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Id seriously give the spot to none other than our Indiana Vasilev if We can't find anyone. He could save us a chunk of cash, gives the lad experience and you never know he may bag some goals and be fantastic as he's been since he swapped in the u23s.

Dave he would have to be phenomenal to do that.......Like Francis and Little in their youth.

He has just started out.....I think its a tough call.