January Transfers 2019/20

sne

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

links to Dwight Gayle emerging on twitter, be afraid be very afraid.

expect us to be linked with any Premier League strikers out there that are:

i) Not playing regularly
ii) Old and shit
iii) called Christian Benteke

I'll take option iii

1 hour ago, rubberman said:

We're 10 days into the window and have signed one player. Maybe wait and see how the rest of the month pans out before letting the despair set in. 

There’s no despair. I’m just questioning the links so far. I’m hoping we up our game these last 2-3 weeks of the window. Sorry for not following the crowd in blind optimism.

6 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

Sign Benteke, get Young and Albrighton and get crosses into the box. Put Jack in the middle to glue it all together. Top six before you know it. Cheap too!

You know it's 2020 now, right? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Spoony said:

Because we are awful and have been for years. We are in a relegation battle and don’t have any immediate history to back up anything other than relegation or staying up and fighting for top 15 next season. If I were a half decent player and not a Villa fan Villa would be pretty close to the bottom of the list of PL teams I’d want to move to. We just have claret and blue tinted glasses and cling to our “history” (which for me was all before my time and as such Villa have been awful for as long as I can remember except that brief period under MON when we won...nothing). 

Could've said all that about Wolves very recently. Three seasons ago they were below us in the championship table with Paul Lambert managing them and Andi Weimann their star striker. Now look at them.

However they've got them they've attracted 3-4 top class players and also got in a manager with good european pedigree.

If they can do it we can do it but we really do eventually need to show more ambition in the transfer market and not just show limited interest because we don't think players will want to move from London or whatever.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

if only we’d got Juninho when we were at a peak 20 years ago

Juninho broke his leg just after leaving Boro the first time. Was never the same given he played for Boro twice more and never reached the heights he did in his first spell.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

However they've got them they've attracted 3-4 top class players and also got in a manager with good european pedigree.

If they can do it we can do it but we really do eventually need to show more ambition in the transfer market and not just show limited interest because we don't think players will want to move from London or whatever.

Wolves had dodgy dealings through super agent Mendes. It still stinks of a rort

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Wolves had dodgy dealings through super agent Mendes. It still stinks of a rort

Yes I accept that (mind you didn't Mendes get in AEG and that random Portugal keeper for us last season) but I doubt any Wolves fan gives a toss on that watching likes of Neves, Moutinho and Raul Jimenez every week. Easily the best players they've had in 20 years.

I want to see that type of quality playing for us in next 18 months so hopefully we'll set our sights a little higher if we stay up.

• Like 1

London is definitely a bit pull for foreign players, it’s what we have to deal with. 

just need to find people who okay for the shirt, a rarity these days.

id rather have decent players who are villa fans.

lolly etc

team is greater than the sum of its parts, Real Galacticos proved that decades ago.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I remember vividly that final with arsenal.......Benteke's performance in that game will stick with me.

No thanks.

Forgotten the semi final against Liverpool. Is the glass half empty for you? We dont want him back cause of one game? This dont make sense.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

Forgotten the semi final against Liverpool. Is the glass half empty for you? We dont want him back cause of one game? This dont make sense.

Its wasn't just one game....it was the straw that broke the camels back for me.

He was always talking about London when he was with us....as if he wanted away.

I will back Klopps view ,lack of movement...primma donna.

no thanks.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

London is definitely a bit pull for foreign players, it’s what we have to deal with. 

just need to find people who okay for the shirt, a rarity these days.

id rather have decent players who are villa fans.

lolly etc

team is greater than the sum of its parts, Real Galacticos proved that decades ago.

Piatek cleaned the seats in the holte end as a kid. His dad was a steward.