January Transfers 2019/20

sne

1 minute ago, Lord Willard said:

It's like having a worldy of an ex girlfriend. She dumped you for someone richer/better looking. You reminisce of all the good times and you decide to get back with her. 5-6 later, she's not hot anymore it's all Spandex and push up bras. Nice one, you've ruined all your memories. 

Ima cry myself to sleep tonight 

Benteke doesn't wear a push up bra.

I know klopp and Gerrard wanted  him too at Liverpool - but he was having non of it. And was sold shortly afterwards.

Welp was hoping there was transfer news... Just pages of Benteke.

Trawled.through Twitter out of boredom.

The most recent stuff I've seen is Baptiste Santa Maria, The Arabic strike - Hamdellah? (Forgot the name) and the Romanian kid.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Welp was hoping there was transfer news... Just pages of Benteke.

Trawled.through Twitter out of boredom.

The most recent stuff I've seen is Baptiste Santa Maria, The Arabic strike - Hamdellah? (Forgot the name) and the Romanian kid.

An Arabic Benteke ? Wow - good spot JV

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

It's like having a worldy of an ex girlfriend. She dumped you for someone richer/better looking. You reminisce of all the good times and you decide to get back with her. 5-6 later, she's not hot anymoreit's all Spandex and push up bras. Nice one, you've ruined all your memories. 

Ima cry myself to sleep tonight 

Ahhh the finer things in life. 

• Like 1

There’s some controlling of expectations going on from DS atm: players not being available, teams not selling, etc. Facts are: teams have us over a barrel following Wesley’s injury, we’re in a relegation scrap and there might be FFP considerations limiting our spending. 

I don’t want to break any hearts here but we aren’t going to signing anyone significant or mind blowing this window. Benteke is probably the best we can hope for, as far as strikers go. It’s him or Glenn Murray. I hope I’m wrong and I hope the press haven’t worked out who we want, but I’m losing hope!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but not buying another striker in the summer was a really silly move.

• Like 1

Just now, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

There’s some controlling of expectations going on from DS atm: players not being available, teams not selling, etc. Facts are: teams have us over a barrel following Wesley’s injury, we’re in a relegation scrap and there might be FFP considerations limiting our spending. 

I don’t want to break any hearts here but we aren’t going to signing anyone significant or mind blowing this window. Benteke is probably the best we can hope for, as far as strikers go. It’s him or Glenn Murray. I hope I’m wrong and I hope the press haven’t worked out who we want, but I’m losing hope!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but not buying another striker in the summer was a really silly move.

But Benteke would be mind blowing. ???

27 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Baptiste Santa Maria

Think the summer was the time for him, no chance this season with us signing Drinkwater. Would have been a player if he settled.

Much better footballer than Marvelous, perhaps they thought him and Luiz wouldn't both be able to play as neither is particularly physical.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I know I’ve contributed, and I apologise for that...

...but how the **** has the Benteke chat gone on for so long?! :D 

Probably bacause he's the best chance we've got of signing a decent centre forward!!

1 hour ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Never said we were a big club any more, we're clearly not, but I thought that it was a thing of the past bringing in players well past their sell by date, reminds me of the Lerner era. At the very least I thought under the new owners we'd be targeting some of the best talent in places like the Netherlands and Portugal like other promoted teams have done before us (before they're snapped up by the top 6), but we don't even seem to be attracting them. As you suggest, our scouting/recruitment team seems to be so ineffective. 

I hope the likes of Drinkwater and anyone else we sign prove me wrong and play out of their skin, but there's no evidence to think they will. We seem to be going down the route of signing players who've played in the PL (even if they haven't performed in said league for several years), it's just all very underwhelming. We're 17th and struggling, yes I accept that, but we're not rock bottom and have a very good chance of survival if the right players are brought in. Surely there's a striker of proven quality that would fancy coming here even just on loan until the end of the season and try to score goals for us, especially playing with a certain Jack Grealish.

We're 10 days into the window and have signed one player. Maybe wait and see how the rest of the month pans out before letting the despair set in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Benteke should just be a Facebook friend who we occasionally knock out a guilty wank to. Don't spoil it by trying to rekindle the flame.

But, what if you could shag her again and get that feeling back that you've missed for so long with the duds you ended up with? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

links to Dwight Gayle emerging on twitter, be afraid be very afraid.

expect us to be linked with any Premier League strikers out there that are:

i) Not playing regularly
ii) Old and shit
iii) called Christian Benteke

All of the above?

26 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

links to Dwight Gayle emerging on twitter, be afraid be very afraid.

expect us to be linked with any Premier League strikers out there that are:

i) Not playing regularly
ii) Old and shit
iii) called Christian Benteke

Yeah.......it's almost like other teams don't want to give up their better players midway through a season or something.........

• Like 1