January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Regards Benteke, & i know it's boring now so this is all i'll say 😝 , When he was here in his prime i'm sure he used to start the season poorly and had spells when he couldn't score for lengthy periods, but then he would suddenly spark into life & score for fun?

Not saying he'd do that now of course but just imagine if he had an extended 3 year drought followed by a prolonged scoring spell....

Ok i'll stop it 🤣

30 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Thanks for that. See as well West Ham are linked for what its worth. It's more interesting than the back and forth in relation to Benteke! 

Barbosa's next move will be a huge one for him, he had the massive reputation before he went to inter (near Neymar level, he was the next one in line) failed there, went to Benfica failed there, got the 2 loans back to brazil and dragged his reputation back, now if he joins someone like Chelsea and is a bit part player and does nothing of merit he's then 27/28 having to step down again and re-establish himself

a move to us or west ham probably isn't what he wants or what will happen but I think its a more realistic approach to him getting to the very top when he hits 30 years old, he needs a couple of good years as a great player in an average team rather than being an average player in a great team

• Like 2

Just now, villa4europe said:

Barbosa's next move will be a huge one for him, he had the massive reputation before he went to inter (near Neymar level, he was the next one in line) failed there, went to Benfica failed there, got the 2 loans back to brazil and dragged his reputation back, now if he joins someone like Chelsea and is a bit part player and does nothing of merit he's then 27/28 having to step down again and re-establish himself

a move to us or west ham probably isn't what he wants or what will happen but I think its a more realistic approach to him getting to the very top when he hits 30 years old, he needs a couple of good years as a great player in an average team rather than being an average player in a great team

hopeful jim carrey GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Why are we not a bigger pull for quality players with wealthy owners? We sure as hell should be, but continually linked with dross. Benteke is a spent force and nothing like the player we sold four and a half years ago, simply shouldn’t be going there!

We are not a big club anymore why would anyone want to come to a club that has spent the last couple of years in the second tier and now after gaining promotion via the back door is on the verge of relegation battle? We now quite rightly have a model we intend to stick to regarding recruitment and wages what do we have to attract quality players? We are the new Leicester only without as much money and not as good a scouting/recruitment team. 

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Bildresultat för barbossa gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

We are not a big club anymore why would anyone want to come to a club that has spent the last couple of years in the second tier and now after gaining promotion via the back door is on the verge of relegation battle? We now quite rightly have a model we intend to stick to regarding recruitment and wages what do we have to attract quality players? We are the new Leicester only without as much money and not as good a scouting/recruitment team. 

What a load of bollocks.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Why are we not a bigger pull for quality players with wealthy owners? We sure as hell should be, but continually linked with dross. Benteke is a spent force and nothing like the player we sold four and a half years ago, simply shouldn’t be going there!

Because we are awful and have been for years. We are in a relegation battle and don’t have any immediate history to back up anything other than relegation or staying up and fighting for top 15 next season. If I were a half decent player and not a Villa fan Villa would be pretty close to the bottom of the list of PL teams I’d want to move to. We just have claret and blue tinted glasses and cling to our “history” (which for me was all before my time and as such Villa have been awful for as long as I can remember except that brief period under MON when we won...nothing). 

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Because we are awful and have been for years. We are in a relegation battle and don’t have any immediate history to back up anything other than relegation or staying up and fighting for top 15 next season. If I were a half decent player and not a Villa fan Villa would be pretty close to the bottom of the list of PL teams I’d want to move to. We just have claret and blue tinted glasses and cling to our “history” (which for me was all before my time and as such Villa have been awful for as long as I can remember except that brief period under MON when we won...nothing). 

Damn you for being honest, doesn't our 1957 FA cup count for anything!?

18 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

On this note, I don't think most players around here nowadays give a crap about Villa's "big club" status and are gonna be attracted by it. Especially foreign players. 

Edited by Laughable Chimp

4 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

On this note, I don't think most players around here nowadays give a crap about Villa's "big club" status and are gonna be attracted by it. Especially foreign players. 

Exactly why would they? Money talks these days and outside of maybe Manure and Liverpool I doubt any team has serious pull on reputation alone!

Edit to add any PL team I mean.

Edited by zab6359

52 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Because we very likely will go down. Why would a top player join us knowing that there's a good chance in 6 months he's going to have to reduce his wage by a big %? And it's hard to move away from a club when you've only been there for 6months.  And then you got the problem of why would a team sell one of their better players when there's 5 months of the season left.

No team in a relegation scrap will be able to sign proven quality in January. But there are a lot of players in Europe’s big leagues on shitty wages that would jump for a chance to play in the Premier League. They would probably even play the Championship. 

They are all a risk though. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

No team in a relegation scrap will be able to sign proven quality in January. But there are a lot of players in Europe’s big leagues on shitty wages that would jump for a chance to play in the Premier League. They would probably even play the Championship. 

They are all a risk though. 

Agreed.

There is the Euro's in the summer as a joker factor in it thou.

Players might make moves they would otherwise not have done if they think it will increase their chances at a spot in the Euro squad or get them more playing time to get in form.

Edited by sne