January Transfers 2019/20

sne

29 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Funny you should say that. Marc Allbrighton is fantastic at getting crosses in early but Leicester really do not have an aerial threat. Marc would look good with a target like Benteke to aim for.

Funny you should say that, we noticed  your lack of aerial threat this Wednesday ;) but imagine Ashley Young on the other side too.

34 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Funny you should say that. Marc Allbrighton is fantastic at getting crosses in early but Leicester really do not have an aerial threat. Marc would look good with a target like Benteke to aim for.

And this is one of the reasons Benteke has struggled away From VP. The media have portrayed him as a target man. That's not actually one of his strengths. He's better when the ball is played to his feet. Corners have to be floated in so that he can hang in the air for them. Whipped in crosses he wasn't that good at attacking 

• Like 1

If any other striker in world football had a record of  4 goals in 65 games and we signed them......There woud be a riot outside Villa Park.

Are we really saying.....Klopp and Hodgson don't know what they are doing?...to get anything out of him.

I think it would be a death knell for Smith.....If I was the Villa manager, I would not need the risk.

This is just playing to the gallery when he had a great first season with 23 goals after dropping to 11 & 15 respectively.......This is a picture of Hogan all over again.....culminating with a lack lustre display in a cup final.

If you can't motivate yourself for a cup final.....when can you?

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

If any other striker in world football had a record of  4 goals in 65 games and we signed them......There woud be a riot outside Villa Park.

Are we really saying.....Klopp and Hodgson don't know what they are doing?...to get anything out of him.

I think it would be a death knell for Smith.....If I was the Villa manager, I would not need the risk.

Or that they have one of the biggest budgets and can get someone much better.

Many players have left Liverpool to go on and have a very good career. I'm sure you don't need me to write a list.

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Roy just gave him a new contract for 120k a week.

He doesn't know what he's doing.

maybe I'm wrong, in that case.

I wouldn't pay 120 dirams

Edited by TRO

3 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Or that they have one of the biggest budgets and can get someone much better.

Many players have left Liverpool to go on and have a very good career. I'm sure you don't need me to write a list.

Maybe so.....but I would listen to a manager like Klopp make his verdict on a player.....Thats my opinion.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

maybe I'm wrong, in that case.

I wouldn't pay 12o dirams

No! You're not wrong, you're right TRO! It was a silly decision. These people aren't infallible.

Where's your Bruce-like support for Smith when he makes silly decisions? 

Why do only certain managers get your support?

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Roy just gave him a new contract for 120k a week.

He doesn't know what he's doing.

Did Klopp buy him or was it Rodgers. They obviously knew nothing. Lambert got him to score goals. Maybe Lambert was a genious??

• Like 1