Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

2 hours ago, Zero7 said:

Does anyone else think he’s bulked up a bit, he looked bigger and menacing today, quality performance 

Still very lean, but he’s stronger, no doubt. Which is what you would expect of a player at his age.

I’ve noticed he’s been flexing a lot recently on Instagram, so probably aware of the criticism and been told to do more gym work by the coaches.

Whatever it is, it’s working. I thought a number of our players looked really physically imposing today… obviously the CBs, as you’d expect, but Dougie, McGinn, Watkins and to a lesser extent Ramsey, all seem to have gone up a level physically this season.

He's helped massively by the formation. It means he has bodies around him rather than being isolated like at points last year in a 433. The spare CBs are pushing up to stopt he clear run at goal and his CM partners are pressing the right areas further up without him having to cover too much space.

It also puts Villa players in areas where his quick, clever passing can happen, instead of having to hold on to the ball for longer before finding a route out.

Its made everyone look a bit better tbh.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, May-Z said:

He's helped massively by the formation. It means he has bodies around him rather than being isolated like at points last year in a 433. The spare CBs are pushing up to stopt he clear run at goal and his CM partners are pressing the right areas further up without him having to cover too much space.

It also puts Villa players in areas where his quick, clever passing can happen, instead of having to hold on to the ball for longer before finding a route out.

Its made everyone look a bit better tbh.

I think this is it.

• Like 1

Â