Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

He's got tremendous composure under pressure that I don't think any other player in our squad has.

I thought he was brilliant yesterday so this is a observation rather than a criticism, but sometimes I think he is confident in the wrong areas.

I think we more age/experience he well learn what he can and can’t do in certain areas of the pitch. There was one play yesterday when he nonchalantly flicked the ball over someone’s head and it looked brilliant, but clearly that sort of stuff comes with big risk. 

Again, not a criticism just an observation 

12 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I don't think he'll sign. I think he'll be professional but ultimately move in the summer. Would love to be wrong though

Given the majority of Villa fans online wanted to to purchase his replacement this past window we really can't upset if that happens. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I don't think he'll sign. I think he'll be professional but ultimately move in the summer. Would love to be wrong though

Depends who's interested. Guess a few europa league clubs will think he's a decent pick up, Roma were sort of rumoured so that's the type who'd probably look at him.

1 year left on his deal next summer so we would have to sell otherwise his value really would drop. Guess that's why we were looking at Ward Prowse as that type is similar although I really think Luiz has so much potential it's untrue. Hopefully we keep him and he keeps on kicking on as he's been very sharp since returning this season which is pleasing.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Depends who's interested. Guess a few europa league clubs will think he's a decent pick up, Roma were sort of rumoured so that's the type who'd probably look at him.

1 year left on his deal next summer so we would have to sell otherwise his value really would drop. Guess that's why we were looking at Ward Prowse as that type is similar although I really think Luiz has so much potential it's untrue. Hopefully we keep him and he keeps on kicking on as he's been very sharp since returning this season which is pleasing.

Yeah I agree, that's why I think he'll be sold as it'll be our last chance to get value for him and if he won't sign we'd have to really.

Hopefully not though because I agree I think he has a very high ceiling of he can perform consistently

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tinker said:

He's better as a number 8. McGinn would not have played that ball for Cash's goal.

I've always been surprised why over last two years we haven't played combo of Nakamba-Luiz-McGinn more. That's the closest we have to what Liverpool do e.g. three similar midfielders who can all press in three different midfield positions. Even in 2019-20 we only played it a couple of times and seemed to write it off after losing to Liverpool at home when all three played.

Obviously more difficult to do now with all our good attacking options to fit in and also how good Ramsey has been so far and he can fill the 8 role aswell.

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

We have to sign him up on that form....but more of an 8 for me than a 6.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Thought he looked excellent in the 8 role yesterday second half.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

me too.

We've had this discussion before, if I remember correctly TRO, you've advocated DL in the 8 role from day 1 and this in part is why you've always wanted the right holding player behind him. Worst case is that we are now flexible enough to do as we please as Marv looks the part now.

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

We've had this discussion before, if I remember correctly TRO, you've advocated DL in the 8 role from day 1 and this in part is why you've always wanted the right holding player behind him. Worst case is that we are now flexible enough to do as we please as Marv looks the part now.

I was very pleased with Both Marv and Dougie yesterday...I agree with you.

I think we can save oursleves some dough, with those displays.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

I was very pleased with Both Marv and Dougie yesterday...I agree with you.

I think we can save oursleves some dough, with those displays.

One thing though and it's the difference between us standing still and pushing on, are they consistent enough and that's what we are yet to find out. 🤞

• Like 1

Â