Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

22 hours ago, TRO said:

So Casemiro has a fifa rating of 89 and Dougie is replacing him in the squad, with a fifa rating of 76....because they are both classed as CDM's....ok

do these fifa ratings actually mean anything?

They do if you are playing FIFA, in real life less so.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Apparently some Twitter war between Luiz and Neto (or maybe Twitter just reporting it).

Neto said “Who are Villa?” and Luiz said “Who is Neto? Villa are giants” Or something like that.  

I dont use Twitter so haven’t actually seen it, just being told it. Yes, my post isn’t that helpful.

If anyone can give us the actual story, that would be great.

Ermmm, if it’s not real, please ignore my post!

It's on the previous page of this thread

On 06/10/2021 at 13:09, villa4europe said:

dont get me wrong international breaks are shit but i don't see the way around them other than billy big bollocks top 5 European leagues having their way which seeing as there are 206 other FAs with the same voting power as those 5 i don't think it will work

The way around them is to reduce the amount of friendly games and stick with competitive qualification games only but that would reduce revenue for national associations.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Hope nobody is hinting Luiz is not a good enough CDM for us or Brazil because he’s not near the level of a player that has played 198 games for Real Madrid. 

Nah didn’t think so.  

of course but Casemiro is probably also 7 foot and build like a truck. what all defensive midfielders should look like

no criticism the 2 games previously from the same poster

13 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

The way around them is to reduce the amount of friendly games and stick with competitive qualification games only but that would reduce revenue for national associations.

They did that, then they introduced Nations League, South America qualifying is also a league run over 3 years

On 06/10/2021 at 15:56, TRO said:

So Casemiro has a fifa rating of 89 and Dougie is replacing him in the squad, with a fifa rating of 76....because they are both classed as CDM's....ok

do these fifa ratings actually mean anything?

When you consider Neymar has a higher Fifa rating than Salah then the answer must be no 

55 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Brazil are playing a world cup qualifier 

5 hours ago, Tom13 said:

This is one confusing post.

Are you saying that he should have been replaced with someone with a similar FIFA rating who is a different position?

And no, of course you shouldn't go off FIFA ratings.

I am suggesting quite a dip in quality on paper for one player to replace another at International level.

what's confusing about such a simple suggestion?

so what is the point of FIFA ratings? that the players themselves get so tetchy about.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am suggesting quite a dip in quality on paper for one player to repalce another at International level.

what's confusing about such a simple suggestion?

so what is the point of FIFA ratings? that the players themselves get so tetchy about.

Well Casemiro would be starting, Douglas won't be replacing Casemiro in the lineup will he? At least I don't think he will unless he impresses in training. He is simply taking a place in the squad.

Don't look too much into FIFA overall ratings.

Edited by Tom13
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Well Casemiro would be starting, Douglas won't be replacing Casemiro in the lineup will he? At least I don't think he will unless he impresses in training. He is simply taking a place in the squad.

Don't look too much into FIFA overall ratings.

Casemiro has been withdrawn, that’s why Dougie has been called up. I assume it will be cover for Fabinho.

He’s also expected to stay for all 3 games so he will definitely miss the Wolves game.  Same as Emi I suspect. So frustrating.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Hope nobody is hinting Luiz is not a good enough CDM for us or Brazil because he’s not near the level of a player that has played 198 games for Real Madrid. 

Nah didn’t think so.  

With a FiFA rating of 89, is it not so surprising, he has played 198 games for Real Madrid?

at least we now know, what we have to aim towards.

Edited by TRO

From the BBC

Brazil is off the red list from Monday.

The number of countries on the UK Covid travel red list will be cut from 54 to seven, the government says.

South Africa, Brazil and Mexico come off the red list, which requires travellers to quarantine in an approved hotel at their cost for 10 full days.

Transport Secretary Grant Shapps said the changes begin on Monday and "mark the next step" in opening travel.

This latest move will be seen as a boost to the airline industry and families separated during the pandemic.

Panama, Colombia, Venezuela, Peru, Ecuador, Haiti and the Dominican Republic remain on the red list.

Edited by NeilS
Adding content

Brazil are playing in a red list country. Doesn’t that mean Luiz has to self isolate when he returns?

No.....He doesn't get close enough to anybody,to catch anything, so he'll be alright.

.....Oops,Just kidding,😀

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

Had no idea Doug had even been called up, will miss Wolves game if he plays for Brazil next Thursday, not sure if there's agreement to release him after second game like the Argies. I suspect not given he wasn't in last Brazil squad.

Good for him standing up to that idiot, shows he likes playing for us so perhaps that new contract isn't far off being signed.

Casemiro has been withdrawn, that’s why Dougie has been called up. I assume it will be cover for Fabinho.

He’s also expected to stay for all 3 games so he will definitely miss the Wolves game.  Same as Emi I suspect. So frustrating.

In previous games he's actually been in double pivot with Casemiro so could see a game where he's ahead of Fabinho in the midfield trio although Lucas Paqueta is probably ahead as he's played well for Brazil lately.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

In previous games he's actually been in double pivot with Casemiro so could see a game where he's ahead of Fabinho in the midfield trio although Lucas Paqueta is probably ahead as he's played well for Brazil lately.

Just inquisitive.

So for us, who is our equivalent Casemiro or Fabinho?

Â