Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 hour ago, WHY said:

He was average today. Poor decision making at times and sloppy on the ball. Good pass for the first goal but other than thought he wasn’t as good as he had been for the last 2 games. 

It was tough for him as the midfield was very congested - very little room to work - then he was moved to an unfamiliar position, but still got a great assist. Can't argue tbf. 

Personally think he looks better as a 6.

I like it when he drops into the back 4 or 5 and takes the ball off the centre backs. Unfortunately without wingers he struggled to find players in space to distribute the ball to in the first half.

Second half he did a good job; but Nakamba wasn't able to distribute as well as Luiz.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Personally think he looks better as a 6.

I like it when he drops into the back 4 or 5 and takes the ball off the centre backs. Unfortunately without wingers he struggled to find players in space to distribute the ball to in the first half.

Second half he did a good job; but Nakamba wasn't able to distribute as well as Luiz.

Nakamba had a 100% pass completion, yes he kept it simple but he moves the ball quicker than Luiz imo. Luiz should start but Nakamba is a decent squad player who always give his all.

7 hours ago, WHY said:

Nakamba had a 100% pass completion, yes he kept it simple but he moves the ball quicker than Luiz imo. Luiz should start but Nakamba is a decent squad player who always give his all.

Depends on the game. 

I wouldn't feel confident in Luiz against united. Twice last season he simply could not handle Pogba. 

1 minute ago, sne said:

Wonder how many of those chances created came after playing as an 8.

I really, really like seeing him play further up the pitch.

Ramsey and McGinn playing as well as they do I guess it's an impossible scenario as of now though...

• Like 1

On 15/09/2021 at 17:54, M_Afro said:

I remember Dean saying that he wanted to talk to him about a new contract (some time ago). I would be surprised if we weren’t in discussions. He starts most weeks and I think he has less than two years to go. 

Yep, need that contract signed sooner rather than later.

Â