Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Hardly an admirer of his but he did very well when he came on. Our MOTM.

He has a lot of industry, which can make things happen...almost in spite himself. He could have set up an easy chance for El Ghazi but he just put his head down and shot with 3 defenders on him. Even his run for the penalty, he was bumbling I'm the box, it just so happened that Otamendi was dumber than him and stuck out a leg.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DeepDish said:

Would rather have a bit of a hopeless footballer always trying than the no effort we had on the pitch from the start.

I agree with what you’re saying but I don’t think he’s hopeless, far from it, we paid £8.75m for him. I don’t know what you’re expecting for that fee. For me, he has done well this season

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I agree with what you’re saying but I don’t think he’s hopeless, far from it, we paid £8.75m for him. I don’t know what you’re expecting for that fee. For me, he has done well this season

Yeah, hopeless is maybe the wrong word. I was thinking about a Norwegian word and could not get the right word in English. Maybe a bit erratic and immature is better, as I also see something in him, but he struggles with choices in important situations.

Edited by DeepDish

Should have started , at least we could of it balls on the flank for him to chase , instead we added another cm and tried to contain.Smith post match says we played in front of them , well you took an attack off the starting line up we only had 2 options to hit Jack or AEG 

In Games like this his running around harassing players is a better option than Houriane 

36 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Works his socks off and seemingly is desperate to impress...

Can't fault his work rate at all... but his application can be hit-or-miss

It's certainly more miss than hit imo, but a shit grafter is better than a shit lazy sod so I'd probably be inclined to find him a place ATM. 

I really like Trez. He's a very flawed player, but he has the right attitude for a relegation dogfight, and I hope he can pass that on to a couple of his teammates.

Also, I've mentioned this a few times, but I don't see any reason why he can't be used as a wingback. He has a bit of the Victor Moses about him. He'd have been more use than Neil Taylor today, who was visibly ignored by his teammates when standing in acres of space.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I really like Trez. He's a very flawed player, but he has the right attitude for a relegation dogfight, and I hope he can pass that on to a couple of his teammates.

Also, I've mentioned this a few times, but I don't see any reason why he can't be used as a wingback. He has a bit of the Victor Moses about him. He'd have been more use than Neil Taylor today, who was visibly ignored by his teammates when standing in acres of space.

Yep, and after a couple of mistakes, Hause was treated similarly. 

9 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Also, I've mentioned this a few times, but I don't see any reason why he can't be used as a wingback. He has a bit of the Victor Moses about him. He'd have been nmore use than Neil Taylor today, who was visibly ignored by his teammates when standing in acres of space.

Yep, like the fans, they probably couldn’t fathom why he even started. He can’t defend, rarely if ever makes an impact going forward.

Edited by MikeMcKenna

3 hours ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Yep, like the fans, they probably couldn’t fathom why he even started. He can’t defend, rarely if ever makes an impact going forward.

I don't think it's that hard to fathom why he started, when our only other left back is injured. 

• Like 1

Trez is gutless, physically scared when the ball lifts off the floor, turns his back when it looks like someones going to kick the ball, turns and shoulders people when heading.

But yesterday he was the bravest one out there.

That says alot 

Â