Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

A bit harsh, thought he was OK, not great but not terrible, no worse than AEG for me.

AEG is on another planet to be honest. Don't see Trez ever doing what he did in the build up to the first goal. He would have lost it by dribbling it into the defender.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He puts in the hard yards but bit headless on the ball and with his positioning. Like an attacking version of Hutton

Hutton could actually control the ball and pass it. He was a pretty good footballer, just brainless at times.

22 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He lacks that yard of pace. Jota is the same but even slower. Both have lots of  ability but without that extra bit of pace it’s hard to be successful in this league. Is it something he can work on?

Jota has a footballing brain though, Trez doesn't.

• Like 1

This guy never stops trying, never hides, always puts in a shift.  Prefer him to El Ghazi. El Ghazi has a couple of good moments but does nothing the rest of the time and constantly leaves his fullback exposed. Wastes good chances and somehow people think he is good. Will take a trier over him any day.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Jota is also lighter than a feather and offers even less cover for the fullback then El-always loses his man-Ghazi. One is rarely there, and the other is like a gentle breeze in the challenge, utterly pointless.

18 hours ago, Zatman said:

He puts in the hard yards but bit headless on the ball and with his positioning. Like an attacking version of Hutton

Hutton defensive positioning was so bad at times the attacking equivalent would be in the stands

On 22/01/2020 at 00:04, Vive_La_Villa said:

He lacks that yard of pace. Jota is the same but even slower. Both have lots of  ability but without that extra bit of pace it’s hard to be successful in this league. Is it something he can work on?

Lacks about 5 yards of pace and the ability to dribble and use his body. Which for a winger is criminal.

He would struggle to start games in the Championship for a host of sides. No quality what so ever.

9 hours ago, Tom13 said:

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Lacks about 5 yards of pace and the ability to dribble and use his body. Which for a winger is criminal.

He would struggle to start games in the Championship for a host of sides. No quality what so ever.

I disagree lads. I think he has got football intelligence and you can see that with the things he attempts. The execution just isn’t there.  I think he would thrive in the Championship though. I mean even Albert Adomah managed to be our top goalscorer in one season and Trez is a better player then he is. 

I think the fact some fans prefer him over El Ghazi proves he is not the complete disaster of a signing that some male out he is. He is a decent squad player.  Granted we probably paid too much for him.

El Ghazi is a much better player though. He just doesn’t do the defensive side as well as Trez.

He's a worker bee. 

As I said in the Watford match thread, though: I think execution is only half the story of his failure to light things up. I think he struggles to communicate: 

1. His protests when things don't go his way are usually like little temper tantrums from a toddler because he doesn't yet have the 'f off ref'' language down yet. 2. He couldn't interchange position with Jack and AEG because they couldn't get the point to him quickly enough.  3. His interplay down the wing is usually better when Elmo is on the pitch acting as an interpreter. 

He clearly had a fitness issue when he arrived and he worked on it and looks pretty trim now. I hope he works on his language skills and this unlocks something in him a bit. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

He's a worker bee. 

As I said in the Watford match thread, though: I think execution is only half the story of his failure to light things up. I think he struggles to communicate: 

1. His protests when things don't go his way are usually like little temper tantrums from a toddler because he doesn't yet have the 'f off ref'' language down yet. 2. He couldn't interchange position with Jack and AEG because they couldn't get the point to him quickly enough.  3. His interplay down the wing is usually better when Elmo is on the pitch acting as an interpreter. 

He clearly had a fitness issue when he arrived and he worked on it and looks pretty trim now. I hope he works on his language skills and this unlocks something in him a bit. 

Good post. I think people are writing him off way too soon. I think there’s a player in there somewhere.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Whether he is worth his fee or is at the required standard is debatable. What is not though is the kids heart, his workrate and his overall attitude. I really like his endeavour and his willingness to keep going even if it is hard collar for him. I think a season under his belt will do him the world of good and playing with a more settled team and system(eventually), will see a different player emerge. I would definitely work on him as he does have some really good qualities imo. 

I couldn't agree more... I actually really like the bloke as a player... He is learning the ropes in a league that is infinitely more intense than anything he has played in before and is working his arse off for the team...

I've said before that sometimes his application can be a bit suspect, but he doesn't down tools when things go wrong - One of the hardest workers in the squad IMO

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Good post. I think people are writing him off way too soon. I think there’s a player in there somewhere.  

I really hope you're right. I thought the same a few games ago but just not seeing enough at the moment.

• Like 1

Â