Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Comfortably the worst footballer I have seen make 10 appearances for us. Makes Djemba Djemba look composed and technical.

Isaiah Osbourne, Micah Richards, Alex Tonev, Chris Samba.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

The bit where he tried to control a throw in their box and it went out for a goal kick, pretty much sums his ability up.

Tries hard though, but just bereft of the quality required for this level. Should be moved on in the summer.

The bit where he skinned three of their players and placed it perfectly for Drinkwater to have a shot on goal from just inside the area can be cited from the opposite perspective. And that’s the situation right now, inconsistency.

28 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Did Samba actually reach 10 appearances?

Yep! Twelve matches. He even scored one, according to Wiki.

Memory is biased. Think back on Villa players, and you're much more likely think of James Milner and Paul McGrath than Karim El Ahmadi and Habib Beye. We remember the stand-outs and forget the dozens and dozens of very average players who made good money at our club.

Mahmoud hasn't adjusted to the league yet. He may never will. (I think there's a much better player in there than he's shown us so far, but that remains to be seen.) He wasn't even the worst player on the pitch today, nevermind the worst to ever pull on the jersey.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

The bit where he skinned three of their players and placed it perfectly for Drinkwater to have a shot on goal from just inside the area can be cited from the opposite perspective. And that’s the situation right now, inconsistency.

Pretty sure he didn't skin three players before doing that? I thought he played well anyway, not half as bad as some make him out to be.

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

I like him. He's always positive and always looks to do something - doesn't sulk or mope around. The right kind of attitude at least in this sort of situation.

I agree with you. People are so keen to jump on his lack of quality but he needs to be given time to adapt to the hardest league in the world. 

At the very least, this guy tries is damndest to do something positive. 

Was out most positive player in large parts of the game today. He works hard, and he's usually involved in the chances/goals created. Clumsy at times yes, but puts in a good shift. 

• Like 1

Although I don't particularly rate the guy, I find it difficult to be too critical of anyone that works hard and has a good positive attitude. 

Attacking wise, today is an odd one for people to be critical, he certainly is not my favourite player, team work wise does very little to help when we dint have the ball, wont press wont chase the majority of the time but attacking wise was decent.

Unfortunately we cant afford more than one player in our team like that and we have 4 or 5 which is our downfall at the moment.

Â