Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

Lovely little touch to start the move for the goal, he was also heavily involved in the break for Grealish’s goal at Burnley. He just needs to have more of a consistent impact, frustrating player to watch but you can’t fault his effort.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think some of the comments are unfair, it’s his first season in the Premier League, he has popped up with some important goals for us. I don’t know what people are expecting for £8.75m, I think he’s done quite well for us

I mean, we’ve lost all three of the games he’s scored in - so not sure how important his goals really were 😄.

He’s just not very good. He’s slow and makes terrible decisions every game. Hard to believe Smith has not pulled him aside and told him to stop trying to beat people on the edge of our own box? Just seems to happen every game, why can’t be learn he’s not good enough to try that.

Once again key to our goal - alive to win the ball back, laid it off, turned and ran into the box, occupied both centre backs and left Guilbert one on one against an isolated full back at the back post.

Lots of gaps to his game but his hustle does help us get a good proportion of our goals.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

I mean, we’ve lost all three of the games he’s scored in - so not sure how important his goals really were 😄.

He’s just not very good. He’s slow and makes terrible decisions every game. Hard to believe Smith has not pulled him aside and told him to stop trying to beat people on the edge of our own box? Just seems to happen every game, why can’t be learn he’s not good enough to try that.

Slow? He's probably one of the fastest with the ball in our entire squad!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jay.P.A said:

Doesn't say a lot.

Old boy in upper Doug regularly goes for his pie on 40 minutes and is overlapping our wingers on the way to the concourse.

• Haha 4

Not massively impressed overall but some good work in the build up to the goal. For me he's just not very good, but I fully expect this position to be addressed in the window.

In terms of his pace, for me he's quick without the ball but not that quick with it mainly because he isn't very good at dribbling.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

I think he's like many of our players who will be better going forward when there's more threat around them.

Luiz's passing seems to be an issue, but where's his out ball?

Trezeguet looks lost, but he's often isolated.  Same as Wesley.

Grealish is impactful but teams can double up on him.

When we've got a couple of other attack-minded players who can present a different threat to the opposition - pace, positioning, whatever - we may well see more from the likes of Trezeguet.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I think he's like many of our players who will be better going forward when there's more threat around them.

When we've got a couple of other attack-minded players who can present a different threat to the opposition - pace, positioning, whatever - we may well see more from the likes of Trezeguet.

Wholeheartedly agree with that. 

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Its football economics, its why when you see "Pogba's never a £80m £300k a week player" yes he is because that's what he brings, I don't think that's why we signed him, I think we signed him because he has some raw potential that could be developed and make £10m look value for money, that's still to be seen.

I don't think he was found as a "commercial signing" per se.

I think he was found first as a raw player and they noticed his upside was monstrous if he hit. They gambled.

Still could come off at some point.

5 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Brighton spent 20 million on that Iranian footballer from AZ Alkmaar and he took over a year to score a goal or register an assist.  20+ appearances last year and nothing to show for it.   

Miguel Almiron cost 21 million and it took him 11 months and 25+ appearances before he registered a goal or assist for Newcastle. Now he has 2 goals in his last 3.

Trez has 3 goals already. 

Being in a relegation scrap patience is thin but that is exactly what we need with him. Also, 8.75 million is couch change when looking to purchase a prem league attacker. Any anger should be directed at the decision makers who thought spending 30+ million on McCormack and Hogan was a good idea 🤢🤢

If you are only going purely on transfer fees then you are way off the mark with Hogan and McCormack, not even 20 million.

Fees were max fees including all add ons which neither got.

15 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I understand what you’re trying to say here, but these other better attack minded players you speak of.. where are they going to play? Unless you think we can field 13 players, these players will need to replace the players in the team that are failing to provide these options... so when you say ‘we may well see more from the likes of Trezeguet’, what you actually mean is we will see LESS from the likes of trezeguet - because we will have replaced them with the players that can provide what he’s not doing?

On 09/01/2020 at 10:29, Jay.P.A said:

I really dont believe that. I have yet to see Trezeguet outrun a defender. For me it seems like he is being outpaced and outmuscled every single game.

9 hours ago, Thug said:

I understand what you’re trying to say here, but these other better attack minded players you speak of.. where are they going to play? Unless you think we can field 13 players, these players will need to replace the players in the team that are failing to provide these options... so when you say ‘we may well see more from the likes of Trezeguet’, what you actually mean is we will see LESS from the likes of trezeguet - because we will have replaced them with the players that can provide what he’s not doing?

A striker, a winger, a dynamic midfielder.  There's three places we can add more threat than we have currently.

We may see less OF Trezeguet, but when we do I'd hope to see more FROM him.

• Like 1

Hate to say it, but he might be the dumbest player (in footballing terms) I've seen at the club. Neil Taylor is a worse player but he actually has a modicum of footballing IQ, it's just that he doesn't have the skill to do anything with it.

• Like 1

Â