Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

One lovely touch where he beat Mee all ends up. Tarkowski had to come and cover otherwise he was in.

Made some good runs not found and didn't let that deter him.

Similar to how Wes has been really, just doesn't have the ability we need but I admire the workrate.

28 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Watching the game back, I noticed he was involved in a lot of good things, yet while watching live I was quite frustrated with him. 

Observer effect? I know I'm guilty of not rating a player and sometimes being hypercritical of every touch to justify my position

• Like 1

Started our move for the second goal by tracking back and dispossessing one of their players, his work rate is phenomenal, his attacking game needs work but he's such a likeable player and I really think given a bit more time to learn and adapt to the Premier League he'll be a great option for us.

37 minutes ago, wedge said:

Started our move for the second goal by tracking back and dispossessing one of their players, his work rate is phenomenal, his attacking game needs work but he's such a likeable player and I really think given a bit more time to learn and adapt to the Premier League he'll be a great option for us.

I think there is potential in most of our summer signings. Very few are the finished article, but could all come good. 

Trez will improve with more time in the prem, but agreed on his attitude that he is giving himself every opportunity to improve 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Watching the game back, I noticed he was involved in a lot of good things, yet while watching live I was quite frustrated with him. 

That's the frustrating thing about him. If he had a decent first touch he'd improve immensely. I don't even think it's because he doesn't have the technical ability, it's just that he's always in 2 minds before taking a touch. He can't make up his mind fast enough and so he overcomplicates things unnecessarily and loses the ball. If he just calms down he'd be twice the player.

I honestly think that even basic stuff like first touch can look bad when a player is still settling in. A lot of this stuff is psychological rather than down to ability. Give him time. He's not going to be a Ballon d'Or winner, but he could end up being a much better player for Villa than he appears at the moment.

• Like 1

Â