Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

Hmm I'm thinking that despite both our wingers looking dire, maybe it's due to not doing what traditional wingers do, as in get the the line and cross it in.

With no one able to win a header the wingers are not doing what wingers normally do.

We may not need to change out both wingers if we get a forward they trust to attack a cross ?

It would mean they have less to do, can do it earlier and dont have to slow it down waiting for the midfield to get in the box

Edited by brummybloke

21 hours ago, Zatman said:

He is shit, but what do you think you get for 8million these days

Agreed - but if he isn't good enough why waste any money on him at all ? - what did the scouting report say "Well this guy is nowhere near good enough - but they only want £8m?"  - Its a bit like a bargain pair of shoes that are a couple sizes too small - sure the they are cheap - but they are useless and the outlay is wasted.

I think he has the ability, but like many of our squad at the moment (including for example McGinn), there is something afoot which is preventing them finding their groove. I put it down to lots of new faces from very different backgrounds all finding their feet at the same time in the same team, including the manager, in the toughest league in the world. If we were only integrating one or two players into an established team comfortable and established in that league, they would only be learning one or two things, at the moment it is the definition of chaos - no one is certain how their team mates respond to situations in matches. Its probably also why we are so desperate at set pieces at the moment.

I am actually not sure however that El Ghazi has enough attributes to prosper in the PL. He has actually over delivered for me this season in terms of contribution, but I feel he doesn't really carry much threat nor much of an outlet.  Yes he is quick and has got into good positions but missed some sitters. He has some great finishes in his history, but I think he has some mental glitch that prevents him from putting it all together.

Lets hope they can all improve in the second half of the season.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

On 27/12/2019 at 00:16, Villan4Life said:

Seems the majority on here disagree with you Sir.

Not sure about neither that or the relevance of it. I think from what he has delivered so far in terms of goals and assists, he has been ok if not good value in today's market for the reported fee of £8-9M.

Imo there is some merit in calling him the Egyptian Brett Holman, quite funny too 😄 he is a bit hit and miss, seems to try too much and be in a rush too much. But I have also seen much quality in him, sadly so more in the first games than in the last ones, allthough he has scored more lately. I thought he was more careful with the ball and passed better in the first games. Some of his touches and technique have been sublime too, like the dummy and cross to McGinn's goal against Burnley. As said he hasn't been good over the last month or so, but that coincides with the whole team not being very good. I think he still tries to adapt to the physicality and the tempo in the Premier League, and I don't see him as a starter in the long run. But some of the comments on here have been silly. I don't know if people had expected him to be like the next Salah after his first 15 games having been signed for £8-9M, but he is not shit or useless. He has been playing like what we could expect from a £8-9M player coming from the Turkish league. He gives his all and should be supported. 

On 27/12/2019 at 15:31, Tomaszk said:

Callum Robinson and some change would have been infinitely more use this season.

Robert Skov was the one! £9m, which I think was the full Trez fee? Somewhere in the 9-11m window I thought?

Anyway, Skov! Guy plays two positions we we were desperate for RW and LB! What a miss.

Blades have been good and Robinson anonymous. Quick check says 25 mins most he's got in last 9 matches. He's junk and I said this in Fantasy football circles before season started

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Blades have been good and Robinson anonymous. Quick check says 25 mins most he's got in last 9 matches. He's junk and I said this in Fantasy football circles before season started

He ain't great, but is he better than Trezeguet for less money? Yes.

They don't play wingers and Wilder has decided he's not up to it up front anymore so he's fallen out the side.

Just an example anyway. Trez has been poor so far.

Trez is the summer signing that has impressed the least so far but you can see that he is trying too hard at the minute. He just needs to relax and find some confidence. Until that happens it is pretty difficult to judge him.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DCJonah said:

El Ghazi has got 4 goals and 3 assists. To me that's fine for a winger in a relegation battle team. 

Trez just looks so far off the required quality at the moment. We need a wide player in Jan because Trez off the bench is a much better option and to be honest, the money we paid for him he should be a squad player and not a regular starter for us. 

Are we sure El Ghazi isn't just the wing version of Hourihane?

• Like 1

A shite player is a shite player at the end of the day. I seriously doubt there's anymore gears he can go up. Whilst he may chip in with the odd goal all I see is a player with no football brain or intelligence, a poor first touch, non existent crossing and passing ability and no real ability to get past a player.

He doesn't look premier league standard at all.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

He ain't great, but is he better than Trezeguet for less money? Yes.

They don't play wingers and Wilder has decided he's not up to it up front anymore so he's fallen out the side.

Just an example anyway. Trez has been poor so far.

I was never sold on Trez. Turkish league is junk

Yup there's a player in there, shows a lot of quality then can also be so poor giving the ball away too easily. 

I thought he was fouled in the first half too, skinned a burnley defender to run into the box only to be hauled back....anywhere else on the pitch that's a clear foul. Nice bit of skill there from Trezeguet. 

I've only watched the first half so far, but I am slightly puzzled why anyone would rip into him after tonight. Both our goals came from work where Trez broke free and released the ball. He was indirectly responsible for those goals actually happening. Thought he had a good first half. 

• Like 2

Â