Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

30 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I used to love reading BA Analytics's Tweets when we were in the Championship, but he's been shitting all over Villa this week.  He thinks Trezeguet is going to be a horrible flop and all our signings this summer, apart from Mings and Heaton, are lackluster.  Even still, he's predicting us finishing 14th this season with Burnley, Newcastle, and Norwich going down.  

14th isn't bad really, he obviously rates Smith and some others e.g. Grealish and McGinn.

Can't help but feel a few Blades fans are shitting on our summer business though for no particular reason than out of spite, we've finished below them and then come up and spent an absolute packet. Meanwhile they've signed Ravel Morrison who is a massive risk, Lys Mousset who by all accounts was a total flop, McBurnie who in fairness looks a good goalscorer but is unproven at the top level, Callum Robinson who also needs to make the step up (n.b. the latter two are unproven in the Premier League but could do well, no more or less of a risk than some of our signings) and a couple of Championship players in Luke Freeman and Ben Osborn. 

I know who's business I am more excited about personally, I like Callum Robinson and McBurnie but not sure I would be selecting them above the equivalent Villa players

I have seen a few glimpses of something a little bit special about him, obviously the assist for Mc Ginn but he also tried to float the ball over the box  a little earlier in the game , it didn't work but it was close, there were a few other signs as well. As soon as he receives the ball his head goes up looking for a pass, I like him 

It's this type of thing that can't be trained into a player, unlike strength and fitness.

My only worry is he gets overwhelmed by the speed of the premier League and loses the vision part of his game and relies on strengthening his game and playing riskless passes.

I don't know a single analytics Guy or Gal who would look at Trezeguet's numbers and not get hard/wide at the thought of him playing for their team. Something tells me 'Blades Analytics' is being disingenuous. 

That's not to say he absolutely will succeed of course, but I'm not buying the shtick here. 

• Like 1

From his little cameo's in preseason I actually think he's a pretty smart footballer, not just a box of tricks.  

He's aware of what is around him, he makes good decisions and he tries to pass and move.  He drifts a bit, but you get the feeling with Smith that he's actually into players moving from their starting positions to become a bit fluid. 

It's quite exciting actually that we've got someone who does have a trick, but also seemingly a brain to go with it.  Watch the highlight videos, when he's pinned against the line, he tries to create smart angles in which to pass or receive a pass - a great quality to possess. 

It may well take him 6 months to get used to the intensity, but I've no quarrels on his technical abilities or his speed of thought and game intelligence. 

His finishing may frustrate us at times, but as long as he's getting into good positions, he can learn how to shoot. 

Really liked some of the runs he was making beyond back 4, reminded me of Albrighton when he first broke into the team.

Was talking to Egyptian guy on another forum and he said his shooting is his weakest area, few grasscutters in that first half.

Once he gets up to full fitness and speed I'm sure he will cause rival teams a lot of problems. You have to bare in mind he was at the AFCON and is new to English football... thought it a very encouraging debut. 

Edited by thabucks

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Gassed after 57 minutes ? Strange substitution. 

I didn't see him stop running for those whole 57 minutes.

He was all over the spurs full backs switching sides all the time and stopped them pushing up the pitch.

Not sustainable over 90 minutes and El Ghazi would have been equally shattered if he did the same.

Â