Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

Just now, MaVilla said:

looking back at the Spurs match, i think Hassan is the real deal tbh, he was really effective, if he settles/improves as time goes on he is going to be a real player.

He's going to have a lot of fun against the weaker sides in this league, it's going to be a joy to watch.

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

He's going to have a lot of fun against the weaker sides in this league, it's going to be a joy to watch.

yeah, he looks a much better player than El Ghazi tbh.

For me Hassan has to be nailed on, El Ghazi/Jota are competing for the other slot imo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

yeah, he looks a much better player than El Ghazi tbh.

For me Hassan has to be nailed on, El Ghazi/Jota are competing for the other slot imo.

Unfair to say to el ghazi. Once again was playing on the side with the weaker attacking full back. Had a couple of excellent moves. Went down to easily but against other teams I would expect him to get the whistle there. If he carried on running twice we would have been in on goal and we would all be saying how great el ghazi was.

As I have said on other threads I think a lot of the lads were expecting a soft whistle which they would have gotten when the ref wasn't wank and we were playing a worse side. In my opinion mcginn, el ghazi and wes got the worst of it and they didn't perform as well as they would have done had they been getting the correct whistles. 

11 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Just want to reiterate how good he was in that first half. He was everything Egyptian fans were telling us about. Did everything but finish. Should have had a brace at half time.

yeah, i could be over reacting, but to me if he looks that good against Spurs, he could be a major player for us this season, i havent been that impressed with a debut since.........Engels :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought he looked every bit the Premier League player. We absolutely have to work on that finishing but he is rapid, skilful and hard working and his movement for the Grelaish set up chance on Saturday was very good. He's dynamic. These are all traits that will send fear into the heart of full backs up and down the land.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Great work tracking back aswell, which isn’t exciting in itself but said a lot about his character... unusual to see any forward player new to this League working that hard and understanding the need to.

Everything my dad (who follows the Egyptian national team) told me manifested in his debut.

He busts a gut making forward runs and running with the ball but also helps out his fullback whenever he can (something Salah apparently never does). He apparently also has a habit of trying to place his shots instead of putting his laces through them and they typically end up being take shots that go wide or straight at the keeper. Also has a nice pass on him for a winger.

It's all very encouraging though. If we can somehow coach some finishing prowess into him, we'll have a real player on our hands. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ponky said:

I think if Grealish had released it to him a little earlier when he was on the other side it would have been a different story. 

I thought this too. An earlier ball and Trez doesn't have to check his run across the defender. 

Jack does that sometimes. Takes two clicks/touches too many before releasing. 

I'd say to make the most out of how Trez seems to play he needs to be released as early as possible to use his pace more effectively. 

• Like 1

On 10/08/2019 at 19:42, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's quick and intelligent, really impressed at the runs he made, will be more than useful, I imagine he'll distinguish himself as our best winger over the course of the season.

Yes, his speed, smarts and skills were clear. I had big reservations about him before he came in but I've already seen enough to know that was unjusitified.

He may never be Ronaldo-class but he is going to absolutely murder some of the lesser teams this season and hopefully will make the right decisions as he puts them to the sword. Pass when he should pass, shoot when he should shoot. The difference between a deadly good player and a frustrating good player.

Having a little reflection on how we performed against spurs. Trez was making some very good off the ball runs. I think he stands a good chance of being our top scorer this season. Running in behind Wesley picking up the balls from jack 

• Like 1

Â