Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

24 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

His post on Instagram about joining Villa has 177k likes. That’s madness. I think we will be getting a lot of Egyptian love this season. 

I think Trezeguet is a FPL dark horse. Plenty of goals and assists for us I reckon. 

He has 3.7 million followers o. Instagram. For perspective John Terry has 4.7 million, Elmo has 875k, Grealish has 330k, Ming's has just under 100k and Wesley has about 40k. 

This is potentially a lucrative commercial deal as well as an important footballing deal. Egypt is football mad. 

36 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

He has 3.7 million followers o. Instagram. For perspective John Terry has 4.7 million, Elmo has 875k, Grealish has 330k, Ming's has just under 100k and Wesley has about 40k. 

This is potentially a lucrative commercial deal as well as an important footballing deal. Egypt is football mad. 

Exactly, building a base of fans in Egypt is huge. Now I can’t say bad things about Liverpool in front of an Egyptian lol. Potentially much exposure in the Arabian countries (who all like Premier League). For me, the most important part of this deal is outside field. I’m not saying he won’t play good, but the amount of people wearing Villa shirts will be much more.

• Like 4

My Saudi students largely seem to have Egypt as a second team, and they were all full of how good they think he is, so that seems optimistic. Loved the picture of him and Elmo together, hopefully it leads to a good understanding and them both raising their games. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

My Saudi students largely seem to have Egypt as a second team, and they were all full of how good they think he is, so that seems optimistic. Loved the picture of him and Elmo together, hopefully it leads to a good understanding and them both raising their games. 

In Dubai they whacked a massive banner of Salah on one of the malls when he was PL player of the year/top scorer or whatever it was. The Arabic speaking countries tend to support each other wholeheartedly when it comes to football. 

• Like 1

Loved his interview. English not great but tried hard and threw in a few Inshallas. I hope that doesn't put the Neanderthals out of joint as Arabic is a cool language once you remove the negative stereotypes we're constantly fed 

• Thanks 1

That is one hell of a YouTube compilation. My feeling is that he'll be a real crowd pleaser, ridiculous levels of ability, but I suspect he'll be frustrating/inconsistent. 

There is certainly some magic in those boots though.

21 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

That is one hell of a YouTube compilation. My feeling is that he'll be a real crowd pleaser, ridiculous levels of ability, but I suspect he'll be frustrating/inconsistent. 

There is certainly some magic in those boots though.

Possibly, but i think generally most fans forgive that if they see a player is constantly trying to be positive. Without going OT i get more frustrated with guys like Green that don't even try and beat a fullback. 

Â