Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

some decent touches, hopefully once he settles we will see more of him.

Love the music! Makes him look even better!

I wasn't so impressed by him when I watched the game, but that in highlight clip he looks much better than I thought watchting live. He looked more careful with the ball, keeping possession, than the impression I had from the previous clips, there he looked more like a kick and run player, in this clip he looks more like a careful passer. Promising!

• Like 2

Quell surprise he's a good footballer. That pass out to El Ghazi around 30 seconds in to the video above is delish. 

I think El Ghazi is going to be a mainstay, because he is my Daddy, but I also really like the contrast between Trezeguet and Jota down the other flank. 

• Like 1

A slight digression but it's clear our wingers are told to have inwards runs and movement with the ball. I am not sure about the tactical advantage doing it, but you can clearly see Trezeguet, Jota and El Ghazi doing it. I guess it can open up the flanks for fullbacks? Either way the football looks very fluid. 

Well he is more of a left winger like El Ghazi and has very similar qualities to El Ghazi.  I expect Jota to start on the right El Ghazi left and Trezguet to be introduced gradually. Looks a talented player and already speaks a little English. I expect him the fit in nicely, just depends on whether he can handle the intensity of the premier league.

• Like 1

I find it hard to take anyone who calls themselves after some good-ish retired footballer seriously.

it’s very playgroundish, and naff.

The quicker he drops this nonsense, and starts calling himself Mahmoud ‘Pongo’ Hassan, the better.

• Like 1

Didn't touch the ball for the first 10 minutes after he came on, but then he pulled out that assist for McGinn.  Fantastic pass.  If El Ghazi's injury ends up being a serious one, he may be thrust into the starting lineup against Spuds.

• Like 1

Already prefer him to El Ghazi on the left, and I don't say that lightly.

He picked up the ball fairly deep on the left, ran with it, cut inside past his man and hit a wonderful raking diagonal ball to Mcginn  who then promptly scored.

Hassan has some real magic in him I think, I love El Ghazi but Hassan looks a more rounded player with some real skill and magic in his feet.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Already prefer him to El Ghazi on the left, and I don't say that lightly.

He picked up the ball fairly deep on the left, ran with it, cut inside past his man and hit a wonderful raking diagonal ball to Mcginn  who then promptly scored.

Hassan has some real magic in him I think, I love El Ghazi but Hassan looks a more rounded player with some real skill and magic in his feet.

You have got to remember el ghazi was aying against a fully pressing Leipzig side whose full backs were full of energy. It also seemed like el ghazi put in a couple of decent balls in. There was a lot more space when trez came on. Obviously trez looks class but I would still start el ghazi. I think it will take an adjustment period for el ghazi, trezeguet, jota and mcginn. All of them aren't used to the having little time on the ball every time they receive it. With trez he will likely have to cut back on nutmeg attempts. Target also looked a little slow but hopefully that is still rust where he didn't play much for Southampton. 

I used to love reading BA Analytics's Tweets when we were in the Championship, but he's been shitting all over Villa this week.  He thinks Trezeguet is going to be a horrible flop and all our signings this summer, apart from Mings and Heaton, are lackluster.  Even still, he's predicting us finishing 14th this season with Burnley, Newcastle, and Norwich going down.  

Â