Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

I think the plan is to have Trez play for an hour then replace him with a fresh El Ghazi, but if he gets stupidly sent off before then we're buggered.  Away from home I think I'd rather have Nakamba to make us more solid and allow Jack to play off Wes.  Dean must have learnt something about whether he can rely on Trez and I suspect he won't be in the starting line up for a while.

20 minutes ago, Stu_The_Villan said:

I thought that the 3 players who were yellow carded might have been bought off at half time. Looking back, El Ghazi for Trezeguet would have been a great sub. I have concerns about Trezeguet. 

We’d four on yellows at half time. Plus making three changes at half time would be silly just because they are on yellow cards. They’ll have been told be Smith to be very careful in any challenge going forward in the game.

Taking three players off and half time and using all your subs would be a very silly move for obvious reasons.

Not because Trezeguet is a bad player, but it might be a blessing in disguise for us, especially if it forces us to bring in another midfielder and use Grealish further forward.

• Like 2

He looked much better on the right. He's just useless with Taylor behind him. Has to do the work of 2 players when attacking on the left. I'd bring back Elmo and play him on the right and let Anwar make a fist of that left hand side against West Ham.

57 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

His suspension will hurt us. We're not blessed with wingers and I think we might be in for a change of formation. 

I think el ghazi will slot in his place v West Ham - I do however feel we need to have options at switching things and getting nakamba into the team - maybe 4231 with jota or Grealish in a free role off Wesley .

its ok playing with 2 wide men but only if they are effective - play 2 holding midfielders and push the full backs up more when attacking in some games away from home . 

433 works for us in certain games but we need to adapt systems to suit opposition 

• Like 2

Said he shouldn't start ahead of El Ghazi and Jota based on what I've seen so far. Don't know why he keeps getting picked to start. Very ordinary imo and had reservations from watching the highlight reels before he signed

Edited by Kiwivillan

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

No way was a 2nd yellow atcall, we saw later the bullshit ref

I disagree, I don't think there can be any complaints about either of them. The second was late and clumsy, it was very stupid when he was already cautioned.

I just can't on any level understand how the second foul was a yellow. If anyone thinks that I want them to find what paragraphs in the rulebook of the FA that falls under.

Secondly any referee has to be consistent about setting the bar in terms of what's a foul and what's not. If anyone thinks Friend got that right, they must have been on crack the entire match. There was one set of rules for us and one set of rules for Crystal Palace. The definition of what a horrible referee would do. 

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Secondly any referee has to be consistent about setting the bar in terms of what's a foul and what's not. If anyone thinks Friend got that right, they must have been on crack the entire match. There was one set of rules for us and one set of rules for Crystal Palace. The definition of what a horrible referee would do. 

Agreed with this bit absolutely. I was fuming with him way before the goal was struck off, he was booking our players for things then not even giving us free kicks when Palace did the same. How many fouls did their defensive mid give away before his booking, 6, 7?

• Like 2

Â