Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

34 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I just can't on any level understand how the second foul was a yellow. If anyone thinks that I want them to find what paragraphs in the rulebook of the FA that falls under.

Secondly any referee has to be consistent about setting the bar in terms of what's a foul and what's not. If anyone thinks Friend got that right, they must have been on crack the entire match. There was one set of rules for us and one set of rules for Crystal Palace. The definition of what a horrible referee would do. 

At that stage of the game every foul was getting a yellow. It was clear from first half he’s was determined to send someone so it was virtually impossible for us to resist that in a high paced competitive PL game. 

I’d agree with others though that he’s been disappointing the last two games though and looks like he’s going to take a while to get up to speed. El Ghazi will come in fingers crossed he can step up. 

13 minutes ago, villaglint said:

At that stage of the game every foul was getting a yellow. It was clear from first half he’s was determined to send someone so it was virtually impossible for us to resist that in a high paced competitive PL game. 

I’d agree with others though that he’s been disappointing the last two games though and looks like he’s going to take a while to get up to speed. El Ghazi will come in fingers crossed he can step up. 

Was 5-0 to us wasn't it?

51 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I just can't on any level understand how the second foul was a yellow. If anyone thinks that I want them to find what paragraphs in the rulebook of the FA that falls under.

Secondly any referee has to be consistent about setting the bar in terms of what's a foul and what's not. If anyone thinks Friend got that right, they must have been on crack the entire match. There was one set of rules for us and one set of rules for Crystal Palace. The definition of what a horrible referee would do. 

They ought to be checking his bank transactions, must have had money on one of our players getting sent of because he was just that damn motivated to send a Villa player off.

Again, he's one of the ones which has nice technique, he's aware of what's happening around him - he just needs time to settle, get used to the pace of the game, the required fitness and all the background stuff like settling in, learning the language etc. 

Give him 6 months - 12 months and he'll be flying. 

• Like 2

On 01/09/2019 at 08:26, Davkaus said:

I disagree, I don't think there can be any complaints about either of them. The second was late and clumsy, it was very stupid when he was already cautioned.

Yep, The challenge is a foul & yellow card 99 times out of 100. Exactly the same in the wolves game yesterday

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

Yep, The challenge is a foul & yellow card 99 times out of 100. Exactly the same in the wolves game yesterday

Thing is, for me anyway, that a referee has to see the challenge in context of the match. If he already has given out a lot of cards and he knows giving this card will lead to a red card, he is better off giving a strict warning and keep the match even. Fair enough if the foul is so severe he has no choice, but in this scenario that wasn't the case. He should have reflected on it and tried to calm everything down, instead he went the exact opposite way and made himself centre of attention. And that's to me everything a good referee shouldn't do. 

The notion that referees give out cards rigidly according to the rule book isn't true either, and we all know this. 

Was a stupid foul to make, but it was an even worse decision by Friend. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

14 minutes ago, PrimevalVillan said:

I think we all saw his potential in the first half vs Tottenham. But the bonehead challenges need to cease. Seems like he gets a card every game. 

just building a relationship with all the ref's.......Its called networking.😀

• Haha 1

He was naïve, struggled all game with how physical Palace were in defence and then having to cover Taylor with Zaha charging at them both , hopefully he has learnt a lesson here and won't get drawn into foolish actions that cost us.

Both were yellows.

Both were stupid, needless fouls.

The ref was an utter disgrace, but THIS he got right.  You can’t just run full pelt at the opposition in the hope that you might get the ball.  To do it whilst you’re on a yellow is just sheer stupidity.

19 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Again, he's one of the ones which has nice technique, he's aware of what's happening around him - he just needs time to settle, get used to the pace of the game, the required fitness and all the background stuff like settling in, learning the language etc. 

Give him 6 months - 12 months and he'll be flying. 

Needs to settle a lot quicker than that.

He has a lot of good attributes, looks bright in the approach play, works hard defensively, can make good runs in behind, but his end product is disappointing. I can't remember a good cross that he has put in the box and he frustratingly opts to pass to Taylor too often when he's in good position to deliver himself.

Â