Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

16 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

If Taylor is better defensively than Targett, then it was a poor purchase for £11-14m.

I dunno Taylor is ok defensively, and by defensively I mean solely tackling and clearing the ball with a hoof, he just can't pass, attack, over or underlap, or retain the ball in in any meaningful way, he is a oire old defensive LB, and in that very specific niche he's average.

I think if targett is 80% the "defender" Taylor is, while also adding the ability to offer something in attack and ball retention, that would be a huge net positive for me.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Is there something wrong with his fitness levels? Looked exhausted very early.

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

New player in this league needing time to adapt and get up to speed shocker. 

True, but he does work his socks off, he's up and down that wing a lot, will be good when he's more up to speed fitness wise.

Really liking the look of this guy, brings something different and definitely has a spark about him. If he gets some game time tonight hopefully he can grab a goal to boost his confidence. He puts in a real shift up and down the wing and I expect him to start again against Palace at the weekend.

A goal might calm him down actually. Hope he bags.

Really impressed so far but half the time he's losing the ball because he's trying to do too much. He's trying to go round someone when he's hardly controlled the ball yet.

The exciting thing is that he's backing himself to do it every time and not affected when it goes wrong, great trait for a winger. No fear.

Concerned about his lack of end product, can't even recall a shot on target from him, he's also fairly reluctant to cross the ball, often just distributing it to Taylor who is the worst crosser of the ball in the history of football. Absolutely needs to do more going forward, he looks fairly bright up until the penalty box and can put in a decent defensive shift but is showing no quality in attack.

Smarten up FFS. Appreciate what's going on around you.

Before getting sent off he didn't listen to the call from Grealish when McGinn had played a perfect ball in for him.

Slow down. He's going too fast for his brain to follow.

The most annoying thing about him, which I seem to recall being a feature of the pre-signing analysis, is that he often boots it way ahead of himself and the defender before then somewhat predictably losing control and/or possession of the ball. When this tactic does pay off, his end ball decision making is frequently poor. So far, anyway...

Has he even created one chance for us so far? I know El Ghazi hasn't been great, but I can at least remember El Ghazi getting shots on target, and putting in a few crosses.

I really can't remember a single positive impact Trez has had. 

Guess I am going against a lot of you here, but I think he's been largely alright so far. Obviously could have been better, so could everyone. He is probably one of the hardest working players we got. The reason he looks knackered is because he probably is knackered. Give him time. 

Â