Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

2 goals and an assist in 6 games

The game isn’t played on paper, that’s a bad return but I think he’s lazy and doesn’t give the full back enough protection when he does play. He was great in The Championship last season, he’s new to The Premier League and I think he will improve as a player, sometimes I look at him and think he’s not giving 100%. I also think that he’s much better at left wing rather than right wing, I can’t understand why Trézéguet didn’t start yesterday at right wing

14 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He did but other than that, I thought he was quite poor and has been found wanting at this level so far. I’m not writing him off far from it, he will improve I think

Don't see how you can critise him as he got a vital goal for us. 

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Don't see how you can critise him as he got a vital goal for us. 

He did, I’m not denying but in terms of work rate, protection of the full back (case in point, Jay Rodriguez’s header yesterday)and quality of delivery in to the box, I don’t think he’s been good enough so far this season. Trezeguet looks a much better player in my opinion 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

• 3 weeks later...

Played quite well when he came on today. Is it me or did he look more trim today? Maybe the long-sleeve shirt he had on today is deceiving me, but I seem to remember him having a bit of puppy fat when he arrived.

His workmate is v good, although not the most polished player in the world by any means.

What I liked most today was that he took players on and tried to get to the byline. I know he likes to cut in but his pace is so impressive that I wish we’d see him skin more players like he did today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

I think he should be a starter.

So much better at tracking back compared to El Ghazi. Makes us more balanced.

I came in here to say this pretty much, we need to see more of Trézéguet I think, I can’t understand how he’s not starting for us. He’s a much better option than El Ghazi I think

I don't mind him off the bench for the time being. He's shown he can't handle a full 90, blowing out his arse after 60 minutes, and still has a lot to work on decision making wise.

The guy clear has a ton of ability and pace, higher ceiling than El Ghazi imo, but is much more effective, at the moment, as a weapon against tired players and one of the only game changers we actually have on the bench. Team is very well balanced at the moment with Hourihane coming in and Jack out on the left.

2 minutes ago, penguin said:

I don't mind him off the bench for the time being. He's shown he can't handle a full 90, blowing out his arse after 60 minutes, and still has a lot to work on decision making wise.

The guy clear has a ton of ability and pace, higher ceiling than El Ghazi imo, but is much more effective, at the moment, as a weapon against tired players and one of the only game changers we actually have on the bench. Team is very well balanced at the moment with Hourihane coming in and Jack out on the left.

We really aren't balanced atm.

We've conceded 41 shots in the past 2 games

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

We really aren't balanced atm.

We've conceded 41 shots in the past 2 games

I wasn't aware shots conceded was the antithesis of balance, particularly when it tells nothing of the game state or tactics employed. (Plus we won both games conceding 2 goals and scoring 7)

It's easy to forget we signed a lot of players and the majority have played less than 10 games together, putting too much emphasis on a specific metric this early in the season, while we are still gelling and finding our best team means next to nothing. Looking at the current starting 11 as a whole and how they compliment each other I'd say we are very balanced.

• Like 1

Whilst he hasn't shown to many moments quantity thus far (which is to be expected of a new player) El Ghazi is so inconsistent that you would assume Trez isn't a million miles away from a starting place. 

What I did like during his little cameo yesterday was just how direct he is, I think it maybe shows a level of confidence that is maybe missing from El Ghazi. Could be an important player for us this season.

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

For me he doesn't appear to have any output, doesn't deliver enough quality into the box, doesn't finish well and doesn't even get into good goal scoring positions. He certainly is 'bright' enough on the ball in certain areas and tracks back well but not clear to me he's the answer to anything. El Ghazi was poor yesterday but gets into better positions and has delivered a good level of end product so far.

Fair comments, though as well as being new to the team, the few times he did start he did so Infront of Taylor, and I won't go over old ground because I know we have similar opinions on that. I'd like to see him given 3/4 games to see what he can do. 

6 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

We definitely need to strengthen this position in Jan.

100% agree. 

Â