Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

20 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Again, he's one of the ones which has nice technique, he's aware of what's happening around him - he just needs time to settle, get used to the pace of the game, the required fitness and all the background stuff like settling in, learning the language etc. 

Give him 6 months - 12 months and he'll be flying. 

had i known that was the deal i wouldn't have gotten so excited about these players when we signed them. he'll just be finding form as we're getting relegated then. cracking.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I am just confused about this cause I think he's been rather good. He gets very little help from Taylor and works his socks off. 

he wasn't much better on the right

9 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Writing players off after 4 games. The Villatalk way. 

i dont think anyone has 'written them off'. i am yet to see any posts alluding to "get rid now", "they're always going to be shit", or anything similar. but when multi millions have been spent, it's quite reasonable to not have to wait months for them to 'settle in', or 'find form' or whatever other terminology one tends to use to defend what has currently been sub par performances. we dont have the luxury of an established premier league squad that can carry such performances. unfortunately, they all need to be at the top of their games, or results such as palace will be the norm

4 hours ago, tomav84 said:

had i known that was the deal i wouldn't have gotten so excited about these players when we signed them. he'll just be finding form as we're getting relegated then. cracking.

Not many players instantly find form, even if they have a good opening couple of games.  After the honeymoon period comes the culture shock, the realisation that learning a new way of life isn't easy for a lot of people (away from family and friends) and that you may play yourself out of form because you're aware your form hasn't been good.  It's a nasty circle. 

So many variables, but as fans we have to give them time. 

Look at Petrov - barnstorming opening 3/4 games, then after that he was lackluster, before coming back as one of our most consistent players and then captain. 

You've got no choice but to take the rough with the smooth, but I guarantee if you support them, they'll get back to their best a lot faster. 

Not everyone has the swagger of Tyrone Mings, whereby they almost instantly become captain material. 

30 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Not many players instantly find form, even if they have a good opening couple of games.  After the honeymoon period comes the culture shock, the realisation that learning a new way of life isn't easy for a lot of people (away from family and friends) and that you may play yourself out of form because you're aware your form hasn't been good.  It's a nasty circle. 

So many variables, but as fans we have to give them time. 

Look at Petrov - barnstorming opening 3/4 games, then after that he was lackluster, before coming back as one of our most consistent players and then captain. 

You've got no choice but to take the rough with the smooth, but I guarantee if you support them, they'll get back to their best a lot faster. 

Not everyone has the swagger of Tyrone Mings, whereby they almost instantly become captain material. 

oh i absolutely do not expect all players to hit the ground running...especially foreign ones for the reasons you mentioned. but i think we should be expecting them to show form quicker than the 6-12 months that was mentioned.

4 hours ago, omariqy said:

I think people need to be a bit more realistic. Yes we have spent a lot but on lots of players. In terms of relative value it's not a lot. As an example spending £9m on Engels is probably the equivalent of spending £4m on Vlaar. Further, we are a newly promoted team. We are going to be in a relegation battle. Results like Saturday will happen from time to time. Trezeguet was probably our best player in the first game against one of the best sides in the league. He also played fairly well against Bournemouth. Wingers by their nature will blow hot and cold and be in and out of games. I really don't know what people expect. He was stupid on Saturday no doubt but it won't define his season. Patience is needed from the fan base. It only takes a win or two at this stage and you are back up the table. 

Definitely wasn't our best player against Spurs but he was quite 'bright' but for me, so far that's issue, at best he has looked 'bright', he has yet to demonstrate any sort of end product, whether that's good finishing or even a good forward pass or delivery into the box. For a winger to go 4 games without showing a capacity or at least potential for some output is a bit concerning but granted still early days.

• Like 2

I fear we messed up our attacking signings in the summer even thou we spent big.

Obviously it's very early days and not writing anybody off but they were very much gambles and for me at least almost unknown players.

As in Wesley and Trezeguet. Had actually heard of him but only because he shares the name with David. 

For the £33m or whatever we spent on them we need at least one of them to be more than just decent.

Jota I think you know what you get and that's an OK squad player with good vision and feet.

Hopefully they'll kick into gear and that also El Ghazi adjust to the higher level in the PL.

Think there is potential here, just not sure if it's high enough yet.

16 hours ago, Thug said:

Both were yellows.

Both were stupid, needless fouls.

The ref was an utter disgrace, but THIS he got right.  You can’t just run full pelt at the opposition in the hope that you might get the ball.  To do it whilst you’re on a yellow is just sheer stupidity.

ditto

He has to hurt teams, when he has the ball......that's just the fundamentals.

Not seen it so far.

when a player goes off and we are no worse, marginally better, there's room for concern.

maybe still settling, but he has to step up.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, omariqy said:

Writing players off after 4 games. The Villatalk way. 

I am not writing him off, I just think we rushed him. Trez was one of our last signings, and he started the first match for us. Whereas Nakamba still hasn't even made the bench. 

I don't think Trez should be starting. I think Jota and El Ghazi should have been the wingers for the first few matches, and have Trez as a sub. I wonder why some players as being eased in, whereas others were thrown to the fire.

It typically takes a while for a player to learn the tactics and get used to the team. Grealish and Trez for instance don't seem to understand each other's movement yet. 

• 3 weeks later...

There's a decent amount to like, really puts in a shift, makes good runs, good technique. But unfortunately so far his end product is as bad as I've ever seen from a winger. Cannot seemingly cross, no through ball, cannot finish. Had the chance to pretty much wrap it up at 3-1 and hit an awful effort straight at Leno. 

We're going to struggle this season and a lot of that will be down to our attacking players, not good enough.

• Like 1

I don’t think he’s very good but the problem is he’s far better than anything else we have.

Unfortunately he tires after about 60 minutes every match and we have nobody to replace him with. We needed two more wingers this summer to be honest.

Loads of pace and work-rate. 

Some on-the-ball ability.

Teeny tiny brain.

Doesn't understand any situation for what it is. He just acts as fast as he can with whatever action is quickest to carry out at that particular moment.

Get some composure in his game and he'll be a right menace.

• Like 1

Â