Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

Had a fine game overall, at least you know with Trez you'll get 100% every time even if he does something and it doesn't come off. 

He'll be very useful as a squad player and an option from the bench when you just need someone to run and harass the other team. 

• Like 4

yes he works hard, its great to see, cant fault him for his work rate or effort.

But, this is what we should expect from every player as standard, if any players arent doing that they shouldnt be in the team.

Finally, if Trez remains first choice after a few games, we have failed in the transfer window, Trez may be great defensively, but he's terrible going forward.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

yes he works hard, its great to see, cant fault him for his work rate or effort.

But, this is what we should expect from every player as standard, if any players arent doing that they shouldnt be in the team.

Finally, if Trez remains first choice after a few games, we have failed in the transfer window, Trez may be great defensively, but he's terrible going forward.

Well it would be ridiculous to drop him for our next game, and he does well......

Perfect player to have in the squad, games like Liverpool next week will suit him as he will track back and cover his full back.

I would imagine Traore will get 90 minutes against Stoke, and after the Liverpool team will then start to get a run.

Trezeguet was good tonight, worked hard and covered every blade of grass. If only El Ghazi would try that hard as he's undoubtedly the more talented footballer.

• Like 1

He does a good job defensively. And always good with a player who works his socks off for the team. Like that he has bulked up as well, he looks stronger and doesn't fall over as easily as last season.

Now he just need to work on his decision making and start to clicking with his team mates.

I still have hopes of him making a good contribution for us, and I love his attitude!

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 1

He’s more of an asset defensively, purely for his workrate, than in an attacking sense.... could he be converted to a fullback? 

He doesn’t have the required level of technique, skill, talent or even coordination to contribute to our attacking play or build up. Loses the ball easily, struggles to control it a lot, can’t beat a man, doesn’t have much of an eye for a pass, but his attitude and determination cannot be knocked...

He gives off the impression of a fan who has fortunately got the chance to play professional football!

If we want to be a force in this league, he cannot be starting but he will be a help in games against the top sides to help us defensively, can pop up and grab a goal too. Will run around all day and harass the opposition, I’m sure he will improve too but not sufficiently.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Feel free to hammer me, but i'd like for him to start next game as well.

Never change a winning team.

I just watched Liverpool dismantle Arsenal with ease, whilst I agree in principle.

I'd take Hourihane out for Nakamba, sod pride and all that, trying to go toe to toe with Pool will only end in tears.

4 - 2 - 3 - 1 I say.

Nakamba and Luiz sitting IMO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I really think he’s improving and I’m very glad to see it.

I'm going to repeat, prime example of " Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard". He's got more hunger than Anwar IMO.

Meanwhile El ghazi is probably a level or 2 up in natural talent, it's telling that most of us would still prefer to go into battle with Trez.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Farlz said:

Had a fine game overall, at least you know with Trez you'll get 100% every time even if he does something and it doesn't come off. 

He'll be very useful as a squad player and an option from the bench when you just need someone to run and harass the other team. 

I love him for his work ethic. He gave such great cover to Cash tonight and you saw during the game how much Cash appreciated his work. He gets forward too but doesn't always have the composure but there's no doubting his effort. 

Â