Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

All aspects of his game are improving.

He used to be a certainty for being subbed at or before 60 minutes because he’d be blowing out his arse, some games he looked knackered before half time. Fast forward to now and he’s putting in solid shifts into and beyond 75 minutes, shows the adaptation some players have to make in terms of their fitness and stamina levels.

He seems well liked in the squad / club, chips in with useful goals and assists, probably isn’t costing a fortune in wages and brings an army of foreign fans with him. 

I’m struggling to see any major negatives with him right now other than he isn’t a top level player, which a) is why he plays for us and b) why he cost £12M or whatever it was.

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Like 3

Main thing for me he is definitely fitter than last season, he used to blow out of his arse after a few runs last season. Today he was all over the place trying close things down. He is far from an elite winger but he works hard and gets important goals. Thats good enough for me

• Like 1

Just watched the game again and second half watched him closely. He was like a man possessed. But it wasn’t just running around for the sake of it, it was with real intensity.  He broke up a lot of Fulham attacks on their left hand side.  He’s acceleration has improved massively!

Also noticed that whilst Traoré looks classy on the ball he let his man run off him a few times during the short time he was on.  Not so bad when 3-0 up to be fair. But I think Trez has to start on Sunday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Main thing for me he is definitely fitter than last season, he used to blow out of his arse after a few runs last season. Today he was all over the place trying close things down. He is far from an elite winger but he works hard and gets important goals. Thats good enough for me

He posted several clips of him working out on fitness during the breaks. So he has definitely been grinding at it.

A few months ago people here were saying he was dog shit, an embarrassment, not good enough for the Championship, etc.

He’s no Ronaldo but Trez will prove a valuable squad member this season. I hope a few posters here will give players, especially foreign players, a bit more of a chance in future.

• Like 3

He looks far fitter than the player we had last season, he can close down, counter attack and not look like he needs subbing. His improved fitness is allowing him to demonstrate the apparent pace we thought he may have had from his YouTube vids before joining. 

The guy is 24/25 and definitely improving multiple parts of his game. Can't believe people were wanting him out this summer. He's always been frustrating but you can see something is there. 

He has the brain to get into positions to stick his toe in and nick the ball, he has a nack of reading things well in the main. 

He's going to make Traore earn that right forward spot and if he does lose it, we have an improved and motivated Trez to come off the bench.

4 hours ago, Enda said:

A few months ago people here were saying he was dog shit, an embarrassment, not good enough for the Championship, etc.

He’s no Ronaldo but Trez will prove a valuable squad member this season. I hope a few posters here will give players, especially foreign players, a bit more of a chance in future.

To be fair it’s because he was consistently terrible. 

Got to applaud his graft, his tracking is incredibly useful. He will still get dropped due to his ability. 

3 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Absolutely agree his fitness seems to have improved and he really does work hard, but not a great footballer should be availble off the bench not a great starting option.

Depends on the match. Sometimes where we are going to see very little of the ball (Liverpool, city etc), his work rate is vital. Whereas against others where we want to dominate you start the more skilful Traore

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Depends on the match. Sometimes where we are going to see very little of the ball (Liverpool, city etc), his work rate is vital. Whereas against others where we want to dominate you start the more skilful Traore

Completely disagree always start with your best players in your forward line regardless of the opposition.

If formations change then yeah maybe think about a change, but you don't play a worse player just because they work hard imo.

Besides still to be seen if Traore is the better option Trez might make the position his if Traore is a flop!

Quality ball for Watkins hitting the bar

did pick out something interesting in the 1st half, he miscontrolled a bouncing ball and it went for a throw, someone was shouting let it go, don’t worry about it, go again about 30 seconds after it happened

Â