Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Left foot cross for his assist, and he should have had 2/3 assists if not for very poor finishing last night ( :P ) - I'm not going to mention workrate, that's a given from Trez, but his quality last night was great.  I think I counted twice he actually lost the ball, but as a winger, that's understandable. 

His stock is rising and he's only getting better. 

If he keeps playing like last night, we won't be losing many games this season.

9/10 

Yep - he got the 1 assist, but the ball for Watkins 1 on 1, and the cross for the shot that hit the bar were exceptional. And all 3 balls were very different, making him a more dangerous player to play against.

Who knew a player could improve in their 2nd season in England?! 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Left foot cross for his assist, and he should have had 2/3 assists if not for very poor finishing last night ( :P ) - I'm not going to mention workrate, that's a given from Trez, but his quality last night was great.  I think I counted twice he actually lost the ball, but as a winger, that's understandable. 

His stock is rising and he's only getting better. 

If he keeps playing like last night, we won't be losing many games this season.

9/10 

Yes deffo lost the ball twice and I think that's rather good, however the one time he lost the ball  early put us in trouble and I sware the Villa defence would of crumbled off that last season before lockdown. Dont know what he was doing at the time, he tried using his speed to break out down the flank and go round the player but wasnt quick enough, so Trez got intercepted. That resulted in Matty Cash doing what Trez should of done in first place because it was so close to our defence which was just to boot it clear.

Apart from that one time Trez had an excellent overall game but he does need to know when to try and leave his man and when the smart idea is to just get the ball clear.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

Dean Smith said after the game that we wanted to limit them to one side in terms of attacking us and we don't want them attacking through the middle. That would explain why they struggled down our left and got to us on our right. This kept TAA pinned back. We dangled some bait for them and whilst a massive gamble it paid off.

Another string to Smith's already impressive bow. Great stuff.

10 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Watched the extended highlights again and he played some wonderful balls including general cross field, long ball switching the play

Was just about to post the same :D  The cross for Watkins' third goal was great, the cross for Watkins hitting the bar was superb, the through ball for Watkins' 1-on-1 attempt was brilliant too.

He's attracted far too much criticism on here IMO.  For an £8m(?) outlay, he's been a very good signing.  Some key contributions at the back end of last season and showing his worth so far this season, but creatively and, as you say Kiwi, switching play, finding space etc.  I think maybe he isn't rated as much because his first touch is often missing, whereas we're used to Jack just killing it.  That said, his control of the cross-field ball when crossing for Watkins' "bar effort" was superb, so maybe that will improve too.

• Like 2

On 05/10/2020 at 15:19, Pez1974 said:

Yep - he got the 1 assist, but the ball for Watkins 1 on 1, and the cross for the shot that hit the bar were exceptional. And all 3 balls were very different, making him a more dangerous player to play against.

Who knew a player could improve in their 2nd season in England?! 

I agree, they were exceptional! His assist was a wicked cross too. And how about the way he cushioned that high, long pass. Great skill! I'll admit I was keen on Traore starting against Liverpool rather than Stoke, but fair play to Trez, he played very well, better than I expected, and he's earnt a starting place against the foxes. 

• Like 1

He looks fitter. Also looks like he’s worked on his body. Surprised me as I couldn’t see him playing the levels he’s at now. Fair play to the lad and long may his performances stay to this standard. 

On 05/10/2020 at 13:23, bannedfromHandV said:

Becoming a real player for us, amazing what a bit of time and patience can do.

Yep. I was guilty of slamming him last season, found him really frustrating and generally not good enough at this level but he’s found some great form that has coincided with the teams great form. Striking up a good partnership with Ollie too. The assist for Watkins 3rd was a carbon copy of his goal against Man Utd in preseason, and he would have had a hat trick of assists if Ollie had finished his 1-on-1 and the one that hit the bar. Seems to really fit in well with this system now, works tirelessly for the team. Sorry Trezzy baby, I judged you too early it seems.

22 hours ago, bobzy said:

Was just about to post the same :D  The cross for Watkins' third goal was great, the cross for Watkins hitting the bar was superb, the through ball for Watkins' 1-on-1 attempt was brilliant too.

He's attracted far too much criticism on here IMO.  For an £8m(?) outlay, he's been a very good signing.  Some key contributions at the back end of last season and showing his worth so far this season, but creatively and, as you say Kiwi, switching play, finding space etc.  I think maybe he isn't rated as much because his first touch is often missing, whereas we're used to Jack just killing it.  That said, his control of the cross-field ball when crossing for Watkins' "bar effort" was superb, so maybe that will improve too.

Which I am fairly sure is complete nonsense, anyway. His first touch is good, it is his 2nd touch and his decision making that let him down in the early stages of his Villa career. Both have improved tenfold. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

My word: at points before the restart, he looked more rough than diamond but, since then, his rate of improvement has been impressive.

Yes. And he's got important goals too, which shouldn't be overlooked. I think you're right - he came to a new country and a harder league, and like a lot of the signings was inconsistent in the period before lockdown. The reset really seems to have allowed not just coaching, but a kind of settle down time for a lot of them, after which they've pretty much been impressive - Douglas Luiz, Trez, Ezri etc. I think much of it is to do with the character of the players and their desire to improve and work hard, not just coaching, though that's clearly been really helpful.

• Like 1

Â