Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

This guy is such an enigma.  Everyone knows he works his arse off, that's fine. But to have the ability to put an inch perfect first time ball on Watkins head for his headed goal, whilst at the same time having absolutely no clue what to do when running with the ball is really confusing me.

One minute he looks like he doesnt understand football,  the other minute he looks like he has a natural ability to do exactly the right thing based purely on his instinct.

Whatever, he deserves his spot in the team at the moment,  brings a balance that is not to be sniffed at, and given he delivered against the best team in the league tonight who's to say he won't continue to all season.

Hope he keeps putting in undroppable perfomances all season.

When he has time to think, he overthinks and gets caught in two minds and sometimes quite literally trips over himself. Give him a split second and all of a sudden he's got Zidane control, Solsjkaer movement and Beckham crossing. Total enigma.

• Like 1

I’m really REALLY happy for trez. Yeah he wasn’t amazing last season but I don’t think you could ever question his work rate. I’m probably one of the few fans who wanted him in the team last year and so glad he’s put in the performances he has so far this season.

Works incredibly hard. Has some quality; not the best, but getting better and enough for this team.
A few fringe players should take notice.

Sort of reminds me of Des Bremner - Morley got the headlines, but without him, we're a worse team.

(I know it's not a great example and a bit lazy, but we do love our comparisons to 40 years ago).

• Like 1

He looked good last night, but he still had these lapses where you see he's not the highest quality. Especially his first touch at times and his decision making. 

I'm quite happy to have him in the squad though. Of all the dross and players we got that are outside the first 11 discussion, he's by far the one that's the closest to the first 11 in application and quality. Right now he's even in the first team. 

Looked miles better than Traore. 

Left foot cross for his assist, and he should have had 2/3 assists if not for very poor finishing last night ( :P ) - I'm not going to mention workrate, that's a given from Trez, but his quality last night was great.  I think I counted twice he actually lost the ball, but as a winger, that's understandable. 

His stock is rising and he's only getting better. 

If he keeps playing like last night, we won't be losing many games this season.

9/10 

• Like 2

I know it has been said many times if only we could combine el ghazi and Trez into one player. El ghazi's technical ability and Trez's once touch composure because how does someone score 5 out of 6 one touch finishes last season and a wicked one touch cross yesterday 

His cross second half when Watkins hit the bar was superb but his assist for the really important 4th goal was also underrated, not easy to do on your weaker foot. 

I'm happy for him, has his limitations but works incredibly hard, happy to give better players the ball and can pop up with a key goal or two.  

40 minutes ago, AV82 said:

My only criticism is that he left Cash open a few times but that's me being very harsh. Played very well and has improved massively since last season.

Dean Smith said after the game that we wanted to limit them to one side in terms of attacking us and we don't want them attacking through the middle. That would explain why they struggled down our left and got to us on our right. This kept TAA pinned back. We dangled some bait for them and whilst a massive gamble it paid off.

47 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Him and watkins have a great connection. The assist to him against Man United pre season. Assist against Bristol, Assist against Liverpool and should of had more. 

This is a really important point, Watkins seemingly likes to drift to LW which puts him in a perfect position for Trez's crosses to the back post. I thought Targett would love having Watkins on the field, as he's our best crosser and had so many chances go begging last year but the addition of Barkley puts lets pressure on him having to progress up field to link up with Grealish and lets Targett focus on defending.

Outside of Targett, Trez is probably our most natural crosser of the ball and the relationship with Watkins is blossoming very quickly and may well cement Trez's place in the team.

Â