Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

9 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He will be great to bring on in games from 60th/70th minute to see out games.

A good player to have attacking tired defenders.

I'd agree if I'd ever seen him beat a defender!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

El Ghazi did nothing against Burton Albion.

Did nothing to award him any minutes in the league.

You can say the same thing about Trez. He did nothing in yesterdays game to award him any minutes in the next match. And using your way of thinking, we will end up with zero players, if you by having a bad game has excluded yourself from the next game. You as a coach/manager should be bigger than that. At least if something doesnt work, dont keep on doing the same things, try something different. It might be that El Ghazi would have had the game of his life..At least he can run at people. Trez is just a headless chicken

Edited by Taxahunter

4 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

You can say the same thing about Trez. He did nothing in yesterdays game to award him any minutes in the next match. And using your way of thinking, we will end up with zero players, if you by having a bad game has excluded yourself from the next game. You as a coach/manager should be bigger than that. At least if something doesnt work, dont keep on doing the same things, try something different. It might be that El Ghazi would have had the game of his life..At least he can run at people. Trez is just a headless chicken

Correct.

Traore will start against Fulham.

Fairly certain.

10 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

To be fair to Trez, he does alot defensively. Targett is being saved by Trez ALOT during our games. However in games where we need goals, I would not play Trez.

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Correct.

Traore will start against Fulham.

Fairly certain.

So if Traore is having a bad game, who will you bring on? El Ghazi, shit against Burton or Trez, shit against a 10-man Sheffield United? By your logic we cant use either

1 minute ago, MentalM said:

To be fair to Trez, he does alot defensively. Targett is being saved by Trez ALOT during our games. However in games where we need goals, I would not play Trez.

That is a bit wierd as they, for 90% of the games, one is playing in the right side and the other on the left

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

So if Traore is having a bad game, who will you bring on? El Ghazi, shit against Burton or Trez, shit against a 10-man Sheffield United? By your logic we cant use either

If Traore flops we have a massive problem

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MentalM said:

So the same as Trezeguet...

El Ghazi can create something, even thou I rate Trez over him due to the defensive contribution. Yesterday, we should have subbed him in to make something happen.

I would say Burton Albion and Sheffield United is a slightly different prospect...

7 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

That is a bit wierd as they, for 90% of the games, one is playing in the right side and the other on the left

100% wrong name, probably because of frustration with Targett at times :(  :D Still point of defensive works stand, as his stats shows. 

6 minutes ago, MentalM said:

100% wrong name, probably because of frustration with Targett at times :(  :D Still point of defensive works stand, as his stats shows. 

Ok.

But there was no point keeping Trez on for his defensive work yesterday as Sheffield really didnt have anything, stats midway through 2. half showed we had 83% possesion. At that point we needed someone who could create something, not someone that kept passing it backwards.

40 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

Ok.

But there was no point keeping Trez on for his defensive work yesterday as Sheffield really didnt have anything, stats midway through 2. half showed we had 83% possesion. At that point we needed someone who could create something, not someone that kept passing it backwards.

I agree, I would sub in El Ghazi yesterday to create something. The point was more to games where we would not be dominating possession to the amount we did yesterday :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taxahunter said:

See? That's how good his work ethic is. He does whatever the hell he wants.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

If Traore flops we have a massive problem

This is my worry. 

In my opinion, I think we need to get Jack back in the middle to help the team control the game more in the middle of the park. To do this, we need Traore and a new LW and they both need to be decent. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This is my worry. 

In my opinion, I think we need to get Jack back in the middle to help the team control the game more in the middle of the park. To do this, we need Traore and a new LW and they both need to be decent. 

Big ask to get all that in one window.

Will take a few windows to fix the mess from last summer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MentalM said:

Isn't every game one in which we will need goals? 

😋

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I doubt anyone bothered to notice but Trez was the only player in midfield trying to close down and press in the final 15 mins last night.

He isn't great but that work ethic alone puts him ahead of El Ghazi in my mind. 

29 minutes ago, av1 said:

He isn't great but that work ethic alone puts him ahead of El Ghazi in my mind. 

True, but when it doesn't work, why persist in trying? Why not try El Ghazi and see if he can get something out of the game?

He's not great but he takes far too much flack on here. He's talked about like he's a clown at times. His tenacity and closing down of the Sheffield United defenders, especially 1st half had them penned in and conceding plenty of corners for Hourihane to whip in. Yes, at times you want him to have more confidence and not just pass back but parts of his game do help the team out. 

11 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

He's not great but he takes far too much flack on here. He's talked about like he's a clown at times. His tenacity and closing down of the Sheffield United defenders, especially 1st half had them penned in and conceding plenty of corners for Hourihane to whip in. Yes, at times you want him to have more confidence and not just pass back but parts of his game do help the team out. 

Im not denying that, but in a game where we weren't that much threatened by Sheffield and it didn't work to whip in cross after cross, we need to try something different. If we cant see that i fear for our Premier League survival hopes...

Edited by Taxahunter

Â