Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

6 hours ago, Rich192 said:

If he’s going to a second tier team, I’m disappointed it’s not in the Championship. How are going to track his WhoScored rating now?

@Hornsois fuming. 

Sofascore records ratings for the Segunda division and they're pretty comparable to whoscored ratings

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So every year he will be loaned out until he leaves us on a free. Fantastic.  22m down the drain

It’s bad business of course, but as far as his book value is concerned and therefore FFP the loss gets less every year. Since we’re not actually skint only restricted by FFP it’s a decreasing problem. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He was starting to show some signs of life in the games leading up Burnley and during that game, until Ben Mee ruined him. 

He seems like a nice bloke so wish him well and hope he smashes it. 

Just out of interest has there ever been any legal claims against players for things like loss of future earnings? I only ask as you could argue Mee has wrecked his whole career. 

On 20/07/2022 at 08:35, bobzy said:

Would've been a different story if it wasn't for Ben Mee. 

I don't think it would have been. Look at all the players we signed from the Belgian league, all flops and all signed by a DoF long since sacked.

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

I don't think it would have been. Look at all the players we signed from the Belgian league, all flops and all signed by a DoF long since sacked.

We managed to get more than £5m for Samatta, so I don't think it's crazy to think we'd have been able to get some sort of fee for Wesley if he'd remained fit. At least that would have been an improvement on him leaving for nothing.

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

We managed to get more than £5m for Samatta, so I don't think it's crazy to think we'd have been able to get some sort of fee for Wesley if he'd remained fit. At least that would have been an improvement on him leaving for nothing.

He's in contract till 2024 ? So a good 6 months is spain May get some interest for him 

On 20/07/2022 at 08:35, bobzy said:

Would've been a different story if it wasn't for Ben Mee.  Not saying that Wesley would've necessarily been a success for us, but the injury massively hampered his career.

debatable...i don't think it would've been massively different. possibly a higher caliber of loan teams or maybe even a permanent transfer, but he wouldn't be anywhere near our starting 11 right now IMO.

i do think it's pretty poor form that we've seen nothing from the villa official socials around him moving (unless i've missed it?)

1 hour ago, burchy said:

Just out of interest has there ever been any legal claims against players for things like loss of future earnings? I only ask as you could argue Mee has wrecked his whole career. 

I highly doubt it. You’d have to prove that Mee meant it. The fact that he didn’t get a red card, would be too easy a mitigation.

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

debatable...i don't think it would've been massively different. possibly a higher caliber of loan teams or maybe even a permanent transfer, but he wouldn't be anywhere near our starting 11 right now IMO.

i do think it's pretty poor form that we've seen nothing from the villa official socials around him moving (unless i've missed it?)

We probably could have got a transfer fee from a team in Turkey or Greece since his goal record wasnt bad

Â