Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

Wesley was widely considered as being in the same bracket as Joelinton, who has eventually come good for Newcastle. I think without injuries he would have been an *okay* player at this level. Not someone we would have necessarily wanted to keep, but I think he would have floated around bottom PL / top Championship level.

Post injury he looks completely shot. And that's all Ben Mee's fault. Can't predict that kind of injury.

Don't think he has a future here, but I'm not on board with all the criticism.

• Like 1

I wonder how insurance works in a situation like this?

would it have been better for club and player if the injury was career ending at that point?  Rather than for him to have ‘recovered’

• Like 1

On 02/07/2022 at 16:15, R.Bear said:

I would say Ross McCormack was our worst ever signing. We played it safe by signing a proven Championship goal scorer or so we thought. Not a gamble, just guaranteed goals so paid the premium for it. Unfortunately as has often been the case with Villa, proven goalscorers seem to forget how to score when they sign for us. Instead we signed a fat, useless waste of space with an attitude even worse than his performances. Then top it off we had to pay him a promotion bonus despite not playing for us for two years.

Wesley was rubbish but he was a gamble, tried his best and suffered that awful injury. McCormack was just a disaster from start to finish.

Yes I think to be in top 5 worst signings the player has to both underperform and also be a massive pain in the arse and cause maximum disruption to the team. McCormack, Collymore,  and Curic spring to mind.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/07/2022 at 00:37, Thug said:

I wonder how insurance works in a situation like this?

would it have been better for club and player if the injury was career ending at that point?  Rather than for him to have ‘recovered’

Often thought the same, we got a pay out from that Ivo staas or what ever his name was when he got injured.

Cant see him recovering from such an injury for a good 2 or 3 more years if ever. No ones going to be paying him 50k pw for that time hoping he becomes good.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So Preece wasn't actually talking Bollox then.

Fair play

Assume he gets something from the club by being a reporter for Villa. I don't think loan information is that sensitive though 

Seems like a good move, would be great to see him get his career back on track somewhere. Such a cruel injury (stinking Ben Mee), hope he can find form and fitness.

We need him to restore some value and hopefully offload him for a decent fee in the not too distant future.

I like Preece, seems like a genuinely good guy and clearly loves the club.

Ok, he may not be the most clued up as to the club’s dealings but I don’t think he’s a bullshitter.

Much better and more preferable to the likes of Gregg Evans.

Always nice to have someone who loves the club as much as us reporting on it… we run a tight ship anyways so it’s not easy to get much accurate/up to date info.

• Like 2

Â