Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

How many of those had devastating injuries as well?

In fairness Milan Baros had a rare footballer syndrome of running head down diagonally. Have never seen another player with it 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Wesley 26 appearances 6 goals

Emile Heskey 92 appearances 9 goals 

Milan Baros 42 appertaining 9 goals 

Marlon Harewood 29 appearances 5 goals

Marcus Allback 35 appearances 5 goals

Wesley’s goal record in comparison to the few listed here isn’t bad,  it’s the fee we paid for him that makes it look worse.  

I don't mind Wesley but you'd be better offer comparing goals per minute rather than goals VS apps.

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I never watched it. But one thing that concerned me very early on was for a big man how weak he was and rarely won any battles in the air.

Not his game though. His strengths are passing and finishing. The rest of his game needed big improvement.

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Kodjia was great for us. That season when he was deputizing for Tammy he was awesome as well, great attitude. Scored some important goals, like our first against SHA at home (believe it or not SHA were above us in a promotion spot at the time).

16/17 Kodjia was special though. Brought the spark back to Villa. The sole shining light in the shitshow that was Aston Villa. I remember watching his clips on Youtube when he was linked to us. Saw that goal at 1:20 and thought "we have to sign this madman".

Crazy guy but brought nothing but positive vibes. Could score goals out of nothing! One of my fav players in recent years.

Him and Wesley are both likeable players. I'm sure Smith commented one time on just how hard Wesley works behind the scenes.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, bobzy said:

McCormack is quite obviously our biggest ever flop at a point where we couldn't really be forking out £13m on a player without them delivering.

Wesley showed glimpses of promise and would've had some resale value had it not been for his injury IMO.

Ergh forgot about mccormack he was absolute shite

12 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Not his game though. His strengths are passing and finishing. The rest of his game needed big improvement.

I thought when they were signing him they thought they were signing a menace and a powerhouse. He certainly wasnt that. He would go for a header lose then fall down then complain he was fouled when there was absolutely minimal touch from a smaller player.

Frustrating 

13 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

No disrespect,  but Ings hasn't did much for a higher fee and proven Premier League striker expected alot more.

Ings didn’t have a proper run. When he does, he’s with Watkins. So we lack creativity.

2 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

No disrespect,  but Ings hasn't did much for a higher fee and proven Premier League striker expected alot more.

Ings has 8 in 35 and Wesley has 6 in 26 while adapting to a new league/culture

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Ings is and was and will be a better player and striker than Wesley.

However Wesley showed enough to make me believe that he could have been a regular 10-15 goal a season striker in the Premier League. He was having his best game in that Burnley one.

He was also good (imo) against Arsenal, Everton, Norwich, first half v Man U , Liverpool , and the Newcastle games.

He was admittedly very poor in the other games laughably so. 

But overall whether at a bottom half premier league side or maybe in Europe (Dutch, French, Belgian) he would have had a decent enough career. 

Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

Let's not forget the guy only had what half season to settle and then injury hot him so will never know how he may have adapted.

And given it seems his long term prospects will forever be impacted by that challenge, we will never be able to say for sure what he could have achieved either here or elsewhere.

You can think he'd have never made it and has found his level, but I think you'd be making that assessment before you could possibly have known, and arguably will never know.

Ben Mee, what a prick

• Like 1

It's mental to me that that game VS Burnley is getting on for being three years ago!

Ian Taylor who was at the game said something had gone on between them (Mee and Wesley) before that tackle and I think he hinted that something had been going on throughout the game actually, prick indeed.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'd take a fit Wesley over both our frontline striker's right now.... The injury has ruined him but the abuse he got before he was injured by Mee was laughable when you look at our stale strikeforce 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
Â