Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

I love that Kodjia clip. I need to dig up the game where Alan Hutton got skinned once by a Bristol(?) player in a manner Hutton didnt like. Less than 5 mins later the other player is on the ground and play is stopped by the ref to make sure he is ok......after Hutton had kicked the ball full force into his face. :)

here we go, some first incident starts 1:40

second at 2:30 :)

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I love that Kodjia clip. I need to dig up the game where Alan Hutton got skinned once by a Bristol(?) player in a manner Hutton didnt like. Less than 5 mins later the other player is on the ground and play is stopped by the ref to make sure he is ok......after Hutton had kicked the ball full force into his face. :)

here we go, some first incident starts 1:40

second at 2:30 :)

Just want to point out that Hutton is playing at left back :crylaugh:

And Scott Hogan is our number 9 🤒

Dark times.

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Those injuries aren't exactly easy to come back from. Remember Jonathan Kodjia? Absolutely tore up the league in his first season then got injured and looked a shadow of himself ever since. Add in Wesley's other physical issues, and just the general heft of the big guy, I'd imagine it's quite the uphill battle to get back to anything close to what he was.

I'm not saying it's easy but I don't buy he'd be a premier league player now if it didn't happen. 

Players like Van Dijk, Van Nistelrooy and Roy Keane all suffered similar serious knee issues and returned to the same level they'd been at. 

Sadly looks like this loan isn't working out for him either. I hope he can get some form in 2nd half of the season there as I expect him to require one final loan down to Brazil for 2023 before we release him. It's sad to see such a young player suffer such a horrific injury he's not been able to recover from. 

Maybe some time out of the first team will give him a break and he can take his chance when he next gets it at Internacional. 

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

What an entertainer!

He was genuinely a bright spark in what was an uninspiring season. And Probably would have been better in the premier league than Wesley pre injury.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

He was genuinely a bright spark in what was an uninspiring season. And Probably would have been better in the premier league than Wesley pre injury.

Yeah, I loved Kodjia. Crazy guy but that first season especially, he was unplayable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Sadly looks like this loan isn't working out for him either. I hope he can get some form in 2nd half of the season there as I expect him to require one final loan down to Brazil for 2023 before we release him. It's sad to see such a young player suffer such a horrific injury he's not been able to recover from. 

Maybe some time out of the first team will give him a break and he can take his chance when he next gets it at Internacional. 

Inter are sending him back when they can as want get another striker. He hasnt even made the recent squads 

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Inter are sending him back when they can as want get another striker. He hasnt even made the recent squads 

Wow.

What a rapid decline in fortune.

You wonder if the bloke wishes he'd just stayed at Brugge the first time round ffs.

Although, i'm guessing he's made alot more money in the respective time, but football wise it's nose dived for him!

Gutted for the lad.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Wow.

What a rapid decline in fortune.

You wonder if the bloke wishes he'd just stayed at Brugge the first time round ffs.

Although, i'm guessing he's made alot more money in the respective time, but football wise it's nose dived for him!

Gutted for the lad.

He has been critical of the Brugge manager in the media so wasnt happy there either 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He has been critical of the Brugge manager in the media so wasnt happy there either 

Oh, not good.

I mean the first time though mate, as in wishes he'd never moved to the PL at all.

Was he critical the first time, or second thine round?

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Oh, not good.

I mean the first time though mate, as in wishes he'd never moved to the PL at all.

Was he critical the first time, or second thine round?

From the loan spell he had a few months ago. Said the players didn't know why he wasnt playing so called Clement a liar I think it was

Wes wont be signing for Monaco now 😂

• Sad 1

Will Wesley Moraes be fired from Inter? Club studies!

Internacional is studying the possibility of getting rid of striker Wesley Moraes. The 25-year-old was loaned from England's Aston Villa until the end of the season, but has not been able to deliver as expected.

The center forward came as one of Colorado's hottest signings for 2022 and the athlete's projection was to fight for a spot in the World Cup . Despite expectations, Wesley did not stand out and has two goals in 18 games this season.

The player was no longer the main option in Inter's attack and began to appear on the bench. Little used in the squad, the striker is out of Colorado's plans for the second half of the year.

The intention of the direction is to get rid of the player to make room on the salary sheet. Two alternatives are studied: the return of the athlete to Aston Villa, with the objective of being reused, or the assignment of the loan transferred to another team.

It is unlikely that the English will want the return of Wesley Moraes, so Internacional will have to find a club interested in the striker's loan at least until the end of the season.

https://portaldocolorado.com.br/wesley-moraes-sera-mandado-embora-do-inter-clube-estuda/

Article goes on with a key member of Wesley's camp criticising the manager. So going well then!

11 hours ago, Hornso said:

https://portaldocolorado.com.br/wesley-moraes-sera-mandado-embora-do-inter-clube-estuda/

Article goes on with a key member of Wesley's camp criticising the manager. So going well then!

I can't imagine we'll allow them to cancel the Loan without some kind of financial penalty. That's two loans which have failed so essentially we are stuck will 90% of his wages and 100% of remaining amortisation for final 18 months of his deal. 

Hopefully another team in Brazil show an interest. I can't see any club in Europe being interested

Always be remembered for that tackle that broke him just like Helenius will be remembered for having his pants pulled down against Spurs.

Think his career is over thou, at any level.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Always be remembered for that tackle that broke him just like Helenius will be remembered for having his pants pulled down against Spurs.

Think his career is over thou, at any level.

Which is such a shame for the lad. He was great for Brugge and we splashed out to get him in. Then he couldn't even get a look in when we loaned him back there. Shows the before and after of the injury

Just now, CVByrne said:

Which is such a shame for the lad. He was great for Brugge and we splashed out to get him in. Then he couldn't even get a look in when we loaned him back there. Shows the before and after of the injury

I never watched him at Brugge, before or after. Think we over paid something spectacular for him but we'll never know how he would have turned out I guess.

• Like 1

Â