Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

16 hours ago, villa89 said:

He wont ever play for us again. It just depends how well he does in Belgium to see how much money we get back for him. £4m is my guess. 

How can you be sure? Apparantly it was Wesley who asked to leave on loan to get games, so the club was happy to keep him (as a sub). If he has a good season in Belgium, there's no reason for Smith to think worse of him than today. He can still leave, but £4m if he has a good season? no way, he'll be at least £10-15m. Even if he fails, I'm sure we can still get £5-7m, he is still young.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, AXD said:

How can you be sure? Apparantly it was Wesley who asked to leave on loan to get games, so the club was happy to keep him (as a sub). If he has a good season in Belgium, there's no reason for Smith to think worse of him than today. He can still leave, but £4m if he has a good season? no way, he'll be at least £10-15m. Even if he fails, I'm sure we can still get £5-7m, he is still young.

I would be shocked of we got less than we did for Samatta. I think the problem for Wes is the injury and if he can come back. Think everybody is rooting for him

On another note Struijk for a lesser challenge than Mee made. Why did VAR not send Mee off that day

56 minutes ago, AXD said:

Let it go......

Barring a miraculous turn around and Wesley discovering the best form of his career he's finished here.

Bear in mind Wesley has never been prolific it's hard to see a way if him getting into the team ahead of Ings or Watkins.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

On another note Struijk for a lesser challenge than Mee made. Why did VAR not send Mee off that day

Proper full-blooded English challenge it were. 'e's a good 'onest lad, that Mee, not a dirty bone in 'im!

Edit, forgot: Got the ball, 'e did, nowt wrong with taking a bit o' the man with it!

Edited by the_eristic

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Why did VAR not send Mee off that day

It depends on which team you play for as to whether VAR gets used, and whether the decision works for or against said certain teams.

3 minutes ago, NeilS said:

It depends on which team you play for as to whether VAR gets used, and whether the decision works for or against said certain teams.

He didn't get sent off for the gomez tackle either

As we saw with the trez one vs Brighton there are some refs that seemingly believe touching the ball is the same as winning it and winning the ball means that the result contact is irrelelvant 

Unless you are Leeds 😂 they had the guy sent off vs man City too when he stretched to clear the ball, kicked the ball but then kicked the city player mid thigh

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Seems they made NO changes at all.

They made one in the 90th minute according to Fotmob, but I suppose they were probably happy enough to sit it out and hold tight for a draw.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Personally if we are going to stick with  2 up front having Wes and Watkins kinda makes more sense than Ings. 

Couldn’t disagree more, I think in theory Ings and Watkins are better suited together.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Personally if we are going to stick with  2 up front having Wes and Watkins kinda makes more sense than Ings. That's probably a bit controversial.

I'd like us to have that option, Wesley is a good target player, occupies defenders and likes to drop, with Watkins running in behind the defence would be a good pairing I think. Would rather have a proper no 10 in Buendia there though.

On 14/09/2021 at 18:48, KentVillan said:

Because some people think that once you’ve won the ball you can basically do anything in the follow through.

I don’t know, it’s a grey area, but IMO he clearly went in deliberately to endanger the opponent, and does so on a regular basis (tried to do something similar to Richarlison last night).

He tackles dangerously, on purpose, but Burnley seem to have a free pass for some reason.

Just like with Shawcross, if you let people do this, they will ruin careers. We all know that you don’t need to fly into a tackle like this. The ball is winnable without trying to melt space-time.

Easy way to make it not a grey area: ban scissor tackles.

They're pretty much the most dangerous tackle you can perform, next to a two-footed lunge off the ground. The injury rate from scissor tackles is ridiculous because they take both players legs at the same time, and twist them in the process.

It's actually a miracle if a player walks away from one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I'd like us to have that option, Wesley is a good target player, occupies defenders and likes to drop, with Watkins running in behind the defence would be a good pairing I think. Would rather have a proper no 10 in Buendia there though.

I wouldn't say he's a good target player as he often struggles physically. I do agree that he likes to drop though, his strengths are passing and finishing. He's a strange player but I do rate him.

5 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Easy way to make it not a grey area: ban scissor tackles.

They're pretty much the most dangerous tackle you can perform, next to a two-footed lunge off the ground. The injury rate from scissor tackles is ridiculous because they take both players legs at the same time, and twist them in the process.

It's actually a miracle if a player walks away from one.

This is what it says on the FA.com about serious foul play:-

FA Rules

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

The problem we have in this country is the law is there to ban that tackle on Wesley, but unfortunately the referees in this country are not up to standard or are very inconsistant. That tackle could easily fall into the category above in my opinion.

Â