Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

25 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

There's no chance in hell he retires before his contract with us is up. Why would he give up £2-3m per year?

Because he would have insurance as well or he should have, he will have been given the option.  It’s called career ending insurance and sometimes covered by the club but if not can be payable by the player.  The player gets a lump sum and it’s tax free.  If he hasn’t got insurance or any player hasn’t got insurance then he’s made a mistake.  I think over the years when I’ve seen it being discussed in various places, the insurance cost varies but is about half a weeks wages per annum.  The club will also separately have insurance for themselves to protect the value of the asset/player.

Edited by nick76

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Because he would have insurance as well or he should have, he will have been given the option.  It’s called career ending insurance and sometimes covered by the club but if not can be payable by the player.  The player gets a lump sum and it’s tax free.  If he hasn’t got insurance or any player hasn’t got insurance then he’s made a mistake.  I think over the years when I’ve seen it being discussed in various places, the insurance cost varies but is about half a weeks wages per annum.  The club will also separately have insurance for themselves to protect the value of the asset/player.

Sure, but I don't think any insurer would agree to pay him up, technically he is still capable of kicking the ball, and played some minutes, even in Premier League, this season.

33 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Sure, but I don't think any insurer would agree to pay him up, technically he is still capable of kicking the ball, and played some minutes, even in Premier League, this season.

It will very much depend on his insurance and wording, then medical assessment of the impact to him.  The main question is why isnt he playing for Brugge and not even in the squad.  If it is a break down of injury he may have to retire and would likely for the basis of his claim if he was to make one.  The claim doesnt have to be made as soon as the injury is incurred but can be substantial time afterwards and medically signed off that it is the case.  All very unlikely I know but I'm intrigued to understand why he's not playing for Brugge, is it just not being picked or is it injury.

19 hours ago, est1874 said:

Yeah but then we'd be stuck with a twunt like, well, Maupay.

Maupay is a humble hardworking man off the pitch, I have no issues with him being like he is on the pitch I wish we had more of that in our squad 

44 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Maupay isn't garbage

He really is, Brighton are famous for the fancy football and awesome XG. He is the one not finishing the chances and thats why they are constantly near the relegation spots

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

Thank **** as well Maupay is garbage, just like Benrahma Deano also turned him down yet took Konsa and Ollie

Maupay and Benrahma are " garbage " 🤔?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Maupay and Benrahma are " garbage " 🤔

Benrahma is not garbage, he isnt great though.  Obviously if we rated both we would have signed them too. We preferred Traore who is a better player

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He really is, Brighton are famous for the fancy football and awesome XG. He is the one not finishing the chances and thats why they are constantly near the relegation spots

There's a lot more to being a striker than just finishing ability. And Maupay's finishing has improved tremendously so far this season in terms of xG. 

If we'd have signed Maupay he'd have been in the bomb squad now. And do people forget how he played last year? 8 goals, 3 of which were pens. He wasn't exactly setting the world on fire. Wesley had the same number of goals from open play when he was injured half way through the season.

Is a fit Maupay better than an injured Wesley? Sure. Hindsight is wonderful. But saying that Maupay was somehow a better choice at the time is revisionist at best, and willingly dishonest at worst.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

There's a lot more to being a striker than just finishing ability. And Maupay's finishing has improved tremendously so far this season in terms of xG. 

He started last season in a similar goal streak, he doesn’t add assists either.  A shit Paul Dickov

• Haha 2

Did Wes sign 4 or 5 year deal?

Think mid ranking club from Spain or Portugal would probably take him but they aren't spending anything like 10m on him, probably 2-3m.

Perhaps we'll release him early and let him go back to Brazil and he can rebuild his career and life back home.

He won't play for us again, that's pretty certain.

On 20/10/2021 at 00:57, Zatman said:

Thank **** as well Maupay is garbage, just like Benrahma Deano also turned him down yet took Konsa and Ollie

You clearly have an agenda against Maupay. 

Maupay is a decent footballer. Wouldn't be a PL player otherwise. 

You are making him sound like Scott Hogan. 

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You clearly have an agenda against Maupay. 

Maupay is a decent footballer. Wouldn't be a PL player otherwise. 

You are making him sound like Scott Hogan. 

You cant really judge a striker since you prefer Bamford and Maupay over Haaland and Ronaldo 😂😂

14 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

If we'd have signed Maupay he'd have been in the bomb squad now. And do people forget how he played last year? 8 goals, 3 of which were pens. He wasn't exactly setting the world on fire. Wesley had the same number of goals from open play when he was injured half way through the season.

Is a fit Maupay better than an injured Wesley? Sure. Hindsight is wonderful. But saying that Maupay was somehow a better choice at the time is revisionist at best, and willingly dishonest at worst.

Eh, what? No it isn't.

It might be 'hindsight', but in no way is it 'willingly dishonest'.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

Benrahma is not garbage, he isnt great though.  Obviously if we rated both we would have signed them too. We preferred Traore who is a better player

I'm not disputing that we got the best of the lot from Brentford at the time, and that Deano made the right decisions.

I'm just not having that those two players are " garbage " to emphasise the point lol.

They are both very decent/good players IMO.

Also note, I haven't been following the back and forth behind the pages .

19 hours ago, Zatman said:

You're being harsh on Benrahma there - there's not alot between him and Traore but I'd probably take Benrahma over Bertie right now. Not fussed on Maupay mind you - think we were right to pass on him.

38 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

You're being harsh on Benrahma there - there's not alot between him and Traore but I'd probably take Benrahma over Bertie right now. Not fussed on Maupay mind you - think we were right to pass on him.

Maybe but when in the Championship he was supposed to be better player than Jack. I just dont see it

Â