Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

13 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

If he is going back to Bruges he can always hang out with Brendan Gleeson.

He's in a bad way though since he jumped from the top of that tower. Clemence Poesy seemed to survive the whole thing though which is a plus.

• Like 1

I always though Wesley looked like he could be a really good player. I think the same of Davis too. The problem is eventually that talent and ability, when you're a striker, has to evolve into goals and assists. If it doesn't then you're you're never going to offer enough to justify your place in the starting XI or the bench because you don't add enough. 

Hopefully he realises his potential away from Villa or at the least, finds his level. But for now it's better for all parties if he moves on. 

At the start of the window I would have hoped he could kick on and would have been willing to be patient with him. Since then we've brought in a brilliant striker in Ings and Archer has well and truly taken his chance in the cup. 

I don't dislike Wesley. I hope he has a good career somewhere. He's just not the level we are at anymore. 

The decision to buy him was wrong. A young Brazilian, from the Belgium league, who couldn't speak English, was expected to be the star striker of a newly promoted team, who had built a whole new team over the summer. Madness. We should have gone for an experienced player upfront. 

Of course, none of that is Wesley's fault and he did try his best, but sadly suffered a horrific injury. We'll never know how much he would/could have improved. However, even if he became twice the player, it's still not as good as Ollie or Ings are currently. 

Good luck Wesley, thanks for your efforts. 

• Like 1

Dean confirmed Wes going out on loan in his presser...

“We think a lot of Wesley, but he's lacking match minutes. It's in his best interest to go and get match minutes and come back a better player."

These comments should hopefully stem the flow of " bad apple " theories.

• Like 2

A momenumental waste of money. Even Angel had a slow start, but he immersed himself in the city, wanted to get better and did. This guy has been sulky and looked disinterested from day 1. I’m not buying the stuff about his fitness, he’s had a whole pre season and more. Unlikely he’ll play for us again. Going out the Club Brugge at least maintainins the price we paid for him and maybe more if he does well.

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Dean confirmed Wes going out on loan in his presser...

These comments should hopefully stem the flow of " bad apple " theories.

He doesn't smile enough and people don't like that.

Â