Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

Just now, hippo said:

A gamble that we had little choice but to take. We were late arriving in the prem via the play offs - lots of players were only on loan.

£22m we probably won't get back. The flip side we stayed in the prem - the TV money from that has paid for Wes over and over.

Maupay would have been a much better signing as much as people on here like to bash him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WHY said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if he retired. Looks miles off playing at any decent level imo.

I think he has an attitude problem too.

Wouldn't surprise me that is the reason why he is not included in the squad.

56 minutes ago, WHY said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if he retired. Looks miles off playing at any decent level imo.

If he retired, assumed it would be classed as through injury, would we get compensation from insurance does anybody know? Would it be of any decent value?

I feel sorry for Wesley, he was exceptional at Brugge the first time around and obviously that is why we bought him. However, has never really been the same since. I hope for his sake and everyone's sake really, that he can get it together.

Regardless of the injury, I never thought he looked a premier league player. 

It was a crazy decision to spend that money and have him as our only real forward. I feel bad for the guy, but it will be an absolute miracle if he plays for us again.

Feel bad for him on a personal level, but even prior to injury an awful player, extremely sulky attitude and just horrible to watch. Shouldn’t be anywhere near the PL. Really bad signing all round.

Hope things work out for him, but I don’t think that opportunity can be given to him here. 

3 hours ago, hippo said:

A gamble that we had little choice but to take. We were late arriving in the prem via the play offs - lots of players were only on loan.

£22m we probably won't get back. The flip side we stayed in the prem - the TV money from that has paid for Wes over and over.

Disagree.

He was an awful awful awful signing.

Plenty of EFL players we could have signed for a fraction of the cost who would have done more for us on the pitch.

Would love to know the agencies that got paid from the deal. And how much of a stake Suso had in them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Feel bad for him on a personal level, but even prior to injury an awful player, extremely sulky attitude and just horrible to watch. Shouldn’t be anywhere near the PL. Really bad signing all round.

Hope things work out for him, but I don’t think that opportunity can be given to him here. 

People were saying the same about Luiz. There were glimpses of a player there prior to the injury, which has most likely prevented us from seeing the finished article.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maupay chose Brighton. 

I think Dean didn't want Maupay. If Villa really wanted to buy Maupay I suspect we would have been able to. I think Dean saw / sees something in Maupay that made him think he is not the right fit for Villa

36 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I think Dean didn't want Maupay. If Villa really wanted to buy Maupay I suspect we would have been able to. I think Dean saw / sees something in Maupay that made him think he is not the right fit for Villa

Thank **** as well Maupay is garbage, just like Benrahma Deano also turned him down yet took Konsa and Ollie

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, nick76 said:

If he retired, assumed it would be classed as through injury, would we get compensation from insurance does anybody know? Would it be of any decent value?

There's no chance in hell he retires before his contract with us is up. Why would he give up £2-3m per year?

Â