Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

11 minutes ago, sne said:

Hope he is managed correctly by their manager and physio. Have a feeling he will pick up injuries if he plays too much too soon.

Would this not be part of Jedinak's remit to make sure the club don't send players recovering from injury to managers with Steve Bruce type attitudes towards injuries? Or does he just look after the youngsters?

I wish him all the best. Such a horrendous injury, I just wish him well. I think the fact he's going somewhere where the people already know him can only be a good thing with regards his injury rehabilitation. 

Right so he's officially gone, just seen it on his Instagram.

Was nice to see all the " Welcome Home " messages from Brugge fans, and nice messages from our players to him on the post as well. Brugge fans still love him it seems.

Lad needs all the encouragement he can get.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Why didn't Mee get a red card for that tackle? 

Because some people think that once you’ve won the ball you can basically do anything in the follow through.

I don’t know, it’s a grey area, but IMO he clearly went in deliberately to endanger the opponent, and does so on a regular basis (tried to do something similar to Richarlison last night).

He tackles dangerously, on purpose, but Burnley seem to have a free pass for some reason.

Just like with Shawcross, if you let people do this, they will ruin careers. We all know that you don’t need to fly into a tackle like this. The ball is winnable without trying to melt space-time.

Some defenders still have that old school mentality of “hit em hard” and win your individual battles. Mee clearly wanted the ball in that tackle on Wesley but was happy to take the man as well. If that then means he injures the opponent, so be it.  He’s won the battle effectively. I’m sure that’s how he sees it and probably his manager ta boot.

Thankfully the game has largely moved on from this type of mentality.  It was a very ugly tackle to be honest and should have been punished. 

33 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Some defenders still have that old school mentality of “hit em hard” and win your individual battles. Mee clearly wanted the ball in that tackle on Wesley but was happy to take the man as well. If that then means he injures the opponent, so be it.  He’s won the battle effectively. I’m sure that’s how he sees it and probably his manager ta boot.

Thankfully the game has largely moved on from this type of mentality.  It was a very ugly tackle to be honest and should have been punished. 

Exactly that

Its Sunday stuff up against the overweight guy in his late 30s who spent last night in a boozer has no interest in you running at him all game so puts one on you calls you puff and threatens you not to do it again 

He's put one on him, even if he doesn't injure him the purpose of it is to try and make Wes pull out of future 50/50s or even 70/30s

Team full of cloggers

32 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Agree with all that, but (to my shame) I’d take some satisfaction if Mee got physically ruined in a tackle - preferably injuring himself while trying to wreck another career. 

Horrible, horrible ****.

On 28/08/2021 at 13:27, DCJonah said:

I don't rate him but this is a no lose situation for us.

We've invested a lot of time and money into this player. If he can come back to us next summer and be a genuine challenge to Watkins and Ings then he will be like the cliche, a brand new signing. 

He wont ever play for us again. It just depends how well he does in Belgium to see how much money we get back for him. £4m is my guess. 

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Do not blame this all on the players. 

Have to look at Dyche here. 

Get a feeling he is instructing them and encouraging them to play dangerous. Absolute dinosaur. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Do not blame this all on the players. 

Have to look at Dyche here. 

Get a feeling he is instructing them and encouraging them to play dangerous. Absolute dinosaur. 

which is why I mentioned his manager as well in the same paragraph. 

Â