Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

19 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Maupay is garbage. Works hard, but hold up play non existent, not quick, technically really poor and not a great finisher.

He's as one dimensional as it gets. He's Hogan with a bit of bite and bit more self confidence.

He's a rat.

Wouldn't say much of that is massively untrue.

Yet he's still 10x the player of Wes before any injury.

On 20/10/2021 at 12:32, nick76 said:

Because he would have insurance as well or he should have, he will have been given the option.  It’s called career ending insurance and sometimes covered by the club but if not can be payable by the player.  The player gets a lump sum and it’s tax free.  If he hasn’t got insurance or any player hasn’t got insurance then he’s made a mistake.  I think over the years when I’ve seen it being discussed in various places, the insurance cost varies but is about half a weeks wages per annum.  The club will also separately have insurance for themselves to protect the value of the asset/player.

I know its years ago but Fergie actually offered this to McGrath at United. Thankfully he turned it down and played on for about another 8 years!

I don't know if its still the case but 10-20 years ago league players often took this pay out, and then carried on playing non league. The only downside is if your team then got promoted back into the football league you had to move.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

It's not looking good for him, is it? 🙁

If trajectory goes the same, he might have to go to a " lesser " club or the Samatta route, or Championship ( Equivalents of in other countries ) etc?

MLS? I know he could get on in the middle east for sure.

I just want him to be able to make a good living to be honest, due to his background.

Then again, do we know if he's been left out for being shit, or trying to choke someone in training?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Slightly off-topic but what has happened to the plan of merging the top divisions of the Netherlands and Belgium? Would be quite tasty Ajax v Anderlecht,  Brugge v Feyenoord etc.

There would be huge knock-on effects of inter-country competitions like that. I assume UEFA would put a stop to any "merges" like celtic/rangers moving to the English leagues etc.   

22 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If trajectory goes the same, he might have to go to a " lesser " club or the Samatta route, or Championship ( Equivalents of in other countries ) etc?

MLS? I know he could get on in the middle east for sure.

I just want him to be able to make a good living to be honest, due to his background.

Then again, do we know if he's been left out for being shit, or trying to choke someone in training?

criminal if that tackle has ended his hopes of a top flight career.

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Slightly off-topic but what has happened to the plan of merging the top divisions of the Netherlands and Belgium? Would be quite tasty Ajax v Anderlecht,  Brugge v Feyenoord etc.

I think "slightly" off topic is a bit of an understatement there! 😄

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, villa89 said:

There would be huge knock-on effects of inter-country competitions like that. I assume UEFA would put a stop to any "merges" like celtic/rangers moving to the English leagues etc.   

They were going to stay in the domestic cups and have a promotion/relegation to each of the leagues. Sounds like a good idea to me, how else can they compete. Anyway going dangerously off-topic here. I just hope big wes can get some game time soon.

I can’t see a future at Villa for Wesley, too much has happened since his injury. But I do hope he can salvage something and keep playing. Ben Mee deserves a kicking for what he did. I wonder if he ever reflects on it and feels bad? Is he even aware of what he did to Wesley’s career I wonder. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Lesson learned. 

Being Brazilian doesn't automatically make you a good footballer. 

You can say that about any Brazilian it’s not rocket science.

But you also don’t know the significance of the injury and how it has affected him personally and his career.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

You can say that about any Brazilian it’s not rocket science.

But you also don’t know the significance of the injury and how it has affected him personally and his career.

I thought he looked a poor footballer before the injury. 

Â