Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

We probably didn't want one as his value right now is lower than it would be if he has a good season in Belgium.

If Club Brugge want to sign him permanently, he will have played well, and we can ask for more.

thats a valid point aswell which i didnt think of. Maybe both parties will reach the end of the year and realise its best to part ways. Alternatively he could do awful there or not as good as they hoped, and a barkley situation occurs. Either way, good luck to him

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Going out the Club Brugge at least maintainins the price we paid for him and maybe more if he does well.

It really doesn't. He's flopped in the premier league and gone back to his level which is being a £5m player in the belgian league. 

4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It really doesn't. He's flopped in the premier league and gone back to his level which is being a £5m player in the belgian league. 

Sadly I agree. It seems to me Wesley had an extra chance this pre season but blew it. Wesley could end up as our most expensive flop ever. It happens and we have better replacements but its a disappointment to waste so much money.

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Sadly I agree. It seems to me Wesley had an extra chance this pre season but blew it. Wesley could end up as our most expensive flop ever. It happens and we have better replacements but its a disappointment to waste so much money.

Even if he is, we can console ourselves in the knowledge that he cost half of Joelinton.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Well he got a near career ending iniury when his tib fib went to London Euston and his femur went to Crewe.

I wouldn't say he flopped. Just was extremely unfortunate. 

The rest of the post i agree with. There's no argument that him going back to Brugge resets him back to how he was just before he signed for 20 million. 

Hopefully he is immense back in among the canals and midget films etc. Probably should stay away from that big bell tower though. The size of him

Edited by YLN

39 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

he did more than Hogan or McCormack ever did for Villa, Bosko Balaban obviously was huge money for his time

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

I remember interview with JG 2 years ago, after Wesley joined.

He was asked about Wesley, if he showed in training yet how good a player he is after signing for a record £22m. Usually you get all the praises saying what a good player the new signing is. Yet JG just said he showed "few flashes". That means he didn't impress anybody in training. JG also mentioned that Wesley was always grumpy in training. 

JG ? John Gregory wasn’t around was he ?

I don't rate him but this is a no lose situation for us.

We've invested a lot of time and money into this player. If he can come back to us next summer and be a genuine challenge to Watkins and Ings then he will be like the cliche, a brand new signing. 

Â