Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I thought he looked a poor footballer before the injury. 

I respect your opinion, but I saw glimpses of quality, similar to Luiz who a lot of fans were bagging similarly at the same time.

We'll probably never know now and I feel disappointed for him.

Such a shame for the guy, we can all have opinions on how he would have turned out but the fact that he himself will never know and it’s all down to Ben Mee being a word removed is the incredibly harsh part.

I saw something about him having a fitness backlog, this is in the last month, his injury as literally destroyed his career. I just hope he managed to change his life enough for it to be worth it. 

BM should be banned for the life, absolute rocket polisher.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Lesson learned. 

Being Brazilian doesn't automatically make you a good footballer. 

what lesson, sorry? are you implying that being brazilian was the reason we signed him?

21 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

No but our fanbase would have given him much less time if it was a Scottish chap called Scott Jones.

many of the fanbase had concerns after the very first game (myself included). after the bournemouth game he was **** slated (again myself included). he was expected to hit the ground running and was rightly criticised when he didn't.

Whatever about his Villa career, I just feel for the guy and hope he can turn it around. To go from a good player for Brugge to the point he got the move, to failing to even make their match-day squad when he's still only in his mid 20s is worrying but best case scenario he's just finding his feet slowly after the injury.

• Like 2

I think his career in any top 6/7 league is done tbh. By all accounts they were pretty iffy on signing off a loan deal on account of his medical.

We're probably paying 90% of his salary and they still had doubts.

If he would even have a career in Scotland he's done well to come back.

On 28/10/2021 at 09:46, Indigo said:

Whatever about his Villa career, I just feel for the guy and hope he can turn it around. To go from a good player for Brugge to the point he got the move, to failing to even make their match-day squad when he's still only in his mid 20s is worrying but best case scenario he's just finding his feet slowly after the injury.

I’d say he’s done well to be able to play football again whatever the level. He was very slow to get to grips with the Premier League but any chance he had of making it at Villa was unfortunately taken away by that ridiculous Ben Mee challenge.

Edited by tom_avfc
  • Like 1

Â