Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

The tackle by itself isn't nasty.

It's just very unfortunate the way Wesley stumble his feet.

These types of tackles occur rather frequently in the span of a season and very rarely does such incident occur. Again, Wesley was just very unfortunate here.

• Confused 3

Yeah it was

It was a put one on him tackle that they're trying to scrap now but they won't because this whole "got the ball first" nonsense still exists with some refs and was backed by UEFA just a few days ago

Mee knows exactly what he's doing, take the ball take the man 

The fact that he's done it again since and broken Joe gomezs leg says it all 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Or put a hat trick in against his team… a nice elbow in the face of Mee while scoring a towering header would be lovely…

And no booking or even a free kick against Wes, whats good for one is good for another. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

What? He scissored him ffs

I see these challenges all the time and very rarely does something like this happen as a result of it.

By the rule this isn't a red, if it were VAR would have intervened.

Like i said. Wesley was just very unfortunate the way he stumbled with his legs. But that can happen with any tackle. Just one unfortunate fall is all it takes.

If a Villa player did the same i very much doubt people in here would take much notice of it. But of course I understand sport is very tribal. In your eyes Ben Mee did an intentional act to get Wesley injured but i don't think so. He just tried to win the ball and unfortunately something bad happened.

I don't hold any grudges towards Ben Mee. I don't particularly like Burnley as a club but i have no personal issues with them.

Edited by villalad21

34 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

At times, he showed real potential in a Villa shirt last season, I fondly remember Burnley away last season, he was outstanding until Mee challenged him. I think he has some real qualities like an ability to hold the ball up and bring others in to play. Sadly, it seems that many fans have already written him off, not me!

It was 2 seasons ago now. That's how long Mee put him out for. 

The word removed knew exactly what he was doing too, Wes was destroying them this game and that was his punishment.

It's not just an unfortunate timing thing, the distance Mee travelled with the 'tackle', at some point, Wes would have had to have had at least one leg planted, gripping into the turf. 

Hiding behind getting the ball first is bull. He flew in full dpeed, full body weight against a joint that is never intended to go that direction. 

If it was a one off I'd give him the benefit of the doubt but he has history. 

As a CB, of course you have to rough-house a bit but you don't have to put people in potentially career ending situations. 

I stopped playing football after U-16's as this sort of bollocks was all of the time, whilst being deemed good solid football. Wingers used to get called fairies for daring complain to a ref about it, at kid level. Moving up to the adult game to play against hungover/bitter adults with twice the body weight with the same tactics, no ta.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

I stopped playing football after U-16's as this sort of bollocks was all of the time, whilst being deemed good solid football. Wingers used to get called fairies for daring complain to a ref about it, at kid level. Moving up to the adult game to play against hungover/bitter adults with twice the body weight with the same tactics, no ta.

I didn’t stop playing but I always remember a man, must have been about 30, snarling at me “I’ll break your legs” in my first season of adult football… I literally said back to him dumbfounded “I’m 15” and he said “I don’t care.” You’re right, some total filth out there.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

44 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The tackle by itself isn't nasty.

It's just very unfortunate the way Wesley stumble his feet.

These types of tackles occur rather frequently in the span of a season and very rarely does such incident occur. Again, Wesley was just very unfortunate here.

Mind Blown Gif - IceGif

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hate looking at those photo, turns my stomach. 

Please stop. What a ridiculous comment to say it wasnt nasty and he was unfortunate. It was reckless, had no control and scissor tackling have been a massive no no for years.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Please stop. What a ridiculous comment to say it wasnt nasty and he was unfortunate. It was reckless, had no control and scissor tackling have been a massive no no for years.

You forgot to mention the atrocious timing given the ball wasn't anywhere near the floor. Combined with your comments, it's clear this was a deliberate attempt to cripple a player that was showing then up. Mee's a scumbag.

• Like 2

Dangerous play is a foul, always, regardless of whether you get the ball or not.

That challenge deserved a straight red. Furthermore Ben Mee has form, so I’m not willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he just mistimed it. Wes’ shin was not the only bone Ben Mee broke that season iirc. Dirty, dirty player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wezbid said:

It was 2 seasons ago now. That's how long Mee put him out for. 

The word removed knew exactly what he was doing too, Wes was destroying them this game and that was his punishment.

It's not just an unfortunate timing thing, the distance Mee travelled with the 'tackle', at some point, Wes would have had to have had at least one leg planted, gripping into the turf. 

Hiding behind getting the ball first is bull. He flew in full dpeed, full body weight against a joint that is never intended to go that direction. 

If it was a one off I'd give him the benefit of the doubt but he has history. 

As a CB, of course you have to rough-house a bit but you don't have to put people in potentially career ending situations. 

I’m sure Mee didn’t want Wes out for two f-ing years, but, to Wezbid’s point, Mee went in with intent. He ran way out of position when the game was effectively over to put a mark on Wes.  

This shows an appalling lack of professionalism, but also something less discussed in English football: that the old school, ‘let ‘em know you’re there, lad, put a mark on him’, is still lauded by pundits and so many coaches. I appreciate this is not what the FA teach young coaches, but you see less technical kids using this as their mantra and you see old boys on tv reinforcing it. This is their ‘edge’. I’m afraid that this is not acceptable: you can’t use the excuse of putting a mark on a player because the potential risks (albeit small, sure) are enormous. F- football a minute, Mee’s idiotic behaviour, rush of blood to the head, whatever, could have ruined Wesley’s life. 

That there was no disciplinary investigation against Mee, no consequences, reflects v poorly indeed on our game. And, please, I am usually the sort of person who likes some of the old school antics, but this sort of thing carries potentially life damaging consequences for victims. Mee’s challenge, and the intent with which it was delivered, were a disgrace. End of.

Also, for the record, I hate that ‘that’ tackle is the thing that defines Wes. That every time I think of Wes I also think of Ben Mee’s idiocy. I hope Wes can start a new chapter this season and bring us (and himself) some new memories. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Also, for the record, I hate that ‘that’ tackle is the thing that defines Wes. That every time I think of Wes I also think of Ben Mee’s idiocy. I hope Wes can start a new chapter this season and bring us (and himself) some new memories. 

Amen to that. I also hope Ben Mee’s cock drops off. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If Ben mee made that tackle properly Wesley doesn't get injured he'd have felt it but no injury.

A slide tackle would have caused Wesley to be knocked off his feet. Ben mee scissors him  whilst going in a downward motion. It's disgusting. That's nearly 28 stones + the velocity of Ben Mee and Wesley's own momentum going through his knee. 

A truly destructive shocking challenge with the intention of hurting Wesley. Wesley suffered the equivalent of a devastating heel hook that happens in MMA.

Edited by Sulberto21

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

Don’t you mean wrecklace?

• Haha 3

Â