Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

Through balls and killer passes aplenty with Buendia and Jack in the team, at least one more attacking player (CAM/LW) to help out too…

Our strikers should be salivating at the prospect of many chances and therefore goals…

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

Pics from training show him to be in phenomenal physical condition tbf. 

That’s one thing but running on that knee after his experience is another. Really hope he can build his confidence, be brave when challenging and get his fitness back. Deserves a chance to show us what he can do.

And hopefully stop going down like a sack of shit if someone breathes near him.

I hated seeing him play but def willing to let him start over. 

3 minutes ago, Spoony said:

That’s one thing but running on that knee after his experience is another. Really hope he can build his confidence, be brave when challenging and get his fitness back. Deserves a chance to show us what he can do.

And hopefully stop going down like a sack of shit if someone breathes near him.

I hated seeing him play but def willing to let him start over. 

He's no stranger to adversity - no qualms that he'll give it his all. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

IMO he deserves every opportunity to prove himself after what he's been through. Fingers crossed he goes from strength to strength and has a great season back in the fold

Agree and it makes more financial sense then bringing another striker in. The backroom staff will know exactly how effective he can be and I trust them. Plus with Ollie being so fit and very good, we have plenty of time to ease him up to speed.

That said, he still hadn't found his feet before the injury and may well not be up to the standard we need but you are right that he deserves a shot.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I was looking at the short novel he has written on his right thigh: might be a description of the way he intends to kill Ben Mee. 

If they meet next season, I'd be quite happy for him to be given permission to beat the piss out of him and take a 10+ game ban as a result. It's well overdue and Ollie will just have to make sure he's in good shape. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Cowards tackle in the vain of his manager … 😡🤮

04A53188-3937-4B14-A8BF-6CB2D1419AEF.jpeg

E53F7895-70E2-4B72-B530-E5B7A3CFA231.jpeg

D34E02AA-D338-439F-BC4C-03496BD7F74E.jpeg

Ben Mee is a criminal and I hope someone puts him and his gravel chinned clearing in the woods of a manager out of a job. 

How he wasn't banned for this monstrosity I have no idea. 

Roy Keane was intentionally trying to end someones career and didn't come up with a challenge as bad as that. 

I hope after seeing those photos again some posters will maybe cut him a bit of slack if he takes a while to get back into the swing of things… No doubt they'll spew there usual OTT hyperbole of how shit he is after 1 or 2 games and how the so called only other striker in the world Tammy Abraham should’ve been signed… 

The science and data must show he’s back physically… As I said before, he is like a new signing, bedded into the squad now, older and wiser. He could be the perfect foil for Watkins. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

I hope after seeing those photos again some posters will maybe cut him a bit of slack if he takes a while to get back into the swing of things… No doubt they'll spew there usual OTT hyperbole of how shit he is after 1 or 2 games and how the so called only other striker in the world Tammy Abraham should’ve been signed… 

The science and data must show he’s back physically… As I said before, he is like a new signing, bedded into the squad now, older and wiser. He could be the perfect foil for Watkins. 

At times, he showed real potential in a Villa shirt last season, I fondly remember Burnley away last season, he was outstanding until Mee challenged him. I think he has some real qualities like an ability to hold the ball up and bring others in to play. Sadly, it seems that many fans have already written him off, not me!

• Like 4

The difference is that there isn’t anywhere near enough pressure on him to perform as there was in our first season back. He was instantly given the responsibility of being the main goalscorer for what was essentially a poor team… wasn’t allowed much of a settling in period and it’s part of the reason why some fans were on his back - because we needed him to hit the ground running and help us win games and survive…

We have an outstanding and reliable CF in Ollie now, Wes can be eased in and given minutes here and there… there’s no reason for anyone to be too harsh on him and their should be an element of sympathy and understanding after what he’s been through, especially at such a young age and in the early days of his career… such a shame, he got his big move and it didn’t go so well for reasons out of his control…

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Hope Wes gets the chance to have a friendly chat with that idiot sometime this season.

Or put a hat trick in against his team… a nice elbow in the face of Mee while scoring a towering header would be lovely…

• Like 1

Â