Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Optimistic but I like it!

Ollie will continue to be our main man and I would back him to become one of the leading scorers in the league, especially with the service he is going to get next season.

Wesley to cover and help out & grab a goal here and there would be great, no pressure on him either such as in his first season…

If we go on a cup run could really see Ollie playing only 30 ish games. If that is the case Wesley could probably hit 6 or 7 goals when factoring sub appearances as well. 

We need West fit again and playing some matches, even if he is not part of our long-term plans anymore. Otherwise we won't be able to shift him and recoup any of the £22 mil he cost.

Hopefully he recovers fully and proves useful squad player for the future ( although my gut feeling is that he will be sold after regaining his fitness this season)

Edited by Czarnikjak

8 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

We need West fit again and playing some matches, even if he is not part of our long-term plans anymore. Otherwise we won't be able to shift him and recoup any of the £22 mil he cost.

Hopefully he recovers fully and proves useful squad player for the future ( although my gut feeling is that he will be sold after regaining his fitness this season)

I don’t think or hope he will be sold… just got a feeling he’s going to surprise many of us fans. He did so well to manage to make the squad during the backend of last season and I believe Dean has faith in him. Wes is clearly a strong and determined characters.

He appears to be in better shape in those training pics too, think & hope he will go from strength to strength.

What you’ve indicated may well be the case for Trez though… I’d have no problem with that.

• Like 2

Remember, Dean said Wes plays deeper than Watkins and comes to midfield to get the ball more so can play in the 10/SS role. I think we'll see times we move from 4 2 3 1 to a 4 4 1 1 taking of a defensive minded midfielder (say Nakamba/Luiz) with Wes coming on when we need to change the game from bench. 

I'd like to see use of Ash, Bert and Wes all coming on for say  Luiz, Targett/Cash and Buendia fresh legs and an attacking approach. Wins are so important in the League when chasing top positions, 3 draws for example, if we go for win in each converting 1 into a win and losing the other two is the same points haul. You just need to turn that into one win, one loss and one draw and you're positive points. 

We lacked impact off the bench last season. Wes hopefully will be like a new signing in giving us some of that

His condition for preseason is brilliant. Clearly he has been working hard. Glad we haven't had to rush him back. Playing some minutes at the end of the season. Preseason will massively help him get back up to speed. 

Offers something different if we are trailing. He scored some solid goals in his first 6 months for us. Likes to attack the front post. Atleast we aren't relying on Davies. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lord Willard said:

His condition for preseason is brilliant.

Be interesting to see how he got on against Ollie in the bleep test!

All jokes aside, everyone is hoping it works out well for Wes. Personally I have my doubts because this league is so unforgiving but will be a huge bonus if we see a £20m player come back into the squad. 

3 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

His condition for preseason is brilliant. Clearly he has been working hard. Glad we haven't had to rush him back. Playing some minutes at the end of the season. Preseason will massively help him get back up to speed. 

Offers something different if we are trailing. He scored some solid goals in his first 6 months for us. Likes to attack the front post. Atleast we aren't relying on Davies. 

We won't rely on Davis either, I don't reckon.

38 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Come on Big Wes. I really want him to make it here and think there were glimpses that he could prior to injury in what was an awful team. Hopefully he can kick on with a stronger unit and more creativity behind him.

COME ON WES!!!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

I also think the pressure will be off him now - got to remember, he came in as the record transfer for a newly promoted side in a new league for him, which would be a huge weight on anyone’s shoulders.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

Yeah - I'm going to buy his workout DVD !!!

When Jota was here they had a good understanding with some nice through balls I remember.

Buendia is Jota on steroids so I think all of our forwards will be licking their lips at the thought of playing this season. 

I want him to do well, having done my knee ligaments in myself coming back from what happened to him takes some doing, so wish him every success.

• Like 2

Â