Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

2 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

The national day of mourning, candlelight vigils and song by Elton John helped promote the vvd challenge

Mashup of Don't go breaking my heart (leg), madman across the water and I'm still standing?

Edited by Steero113

46 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

2) I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, but my reference was that Tammy isn't better than Ollie so why are we spending so much on him. Even at 33mill I'm not buying him. If we need competition for Ollie it will come cheaper than 30+ mill.

For me Wes is that backup, until it's proven otherwise.

It all depends on how Wes is and that's the big unknown.  He looks great but functionally, movement and mentally we dont know and we may not find out until it's too late.  So your "until proven otherwise" is an incredible risk plus a lot of people didnt rate Wes before his injury anyway.

I never said Tammy was better than Ollie.  The reason we buy Tammy is an alternative to Ollie.  This is replacement this is option for all the reasons that has been talked about in the Tammy thread and you are unlikely to get a proven young quality striker that has resell value and very low risk for much less than the 30-40m being quoted for Tammy.  We need options for so many reasons.

If Wes is 100% back to his former self and almost no risk of set back then great we Wes.  We dont know that and going into a season with only one recognised goalscorer is a recipe for disaster.  I want Wes to be a massive success here but considering the medical staff said it's the worst of that type of injury they've seen and he's been out for so long, I massively worry about him. 

4 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

We don't know if Wes is good enough or not, didn't see a big enough sample size.... I'm a fan, so I look forward to him getting a chance to prove himself...

We just aren't going to spoof 40+ mill on a striker that is no better than our best striker, not when there are other positions to prioritise.

Why are people saying we're not going to spend 40 million on a striker as if everyone know what our club, Owners or Lange is willing to spend. Then add to the fact is no one actually knows apart from Chelsea, Agents and applying clubs what the wanted price will be. This is a media floated price just like Buendia and ESR and other players being mentioned through the press, so no one knows whether Tammy will go for 20, 30 or 40 or even if Chelsea wanted higher.

I see some see other positions as priority but I seen all those positions mentioned as the same type of priority given the fact that if we can't put goals in, we will just stuggle. Watkins gets Injured and Wesley can't hack the pressure or score then it's bye bye Europe or even worse we look humiliated next season because we float dangerously close to the drop zone. Now many think no ways that's going to happen, but remember the crowds are coming back and things will change again. We need abit more firepower in the forward position in case Watkins for some reason can't play due to Injury, recovery, being banned being rotated. The momentum has to be kept in motion much like it should of done last season and if we can't score because Watkins goes dry and Wesley can't even get off the mark, well were just screwed.

I really hope we bring another forward in, if we don't all season I will worry, especially if Watkins is out and the time Wesley is needed. Untill ive seen that happen and Wesley brings his A game and proves he can do it, the worry is there unless we plan ahead and bring another striker in. With Tammy though I'd be confident enough from the start that he can without a doubt pick up any slack and wouldn't have any doubts he could carry on supplying goals and performances enough to keep us floating up the table.

One thing that surprises me with the Tammy naysayers is how much we missed Grealish and how much we lost out on Europe because of his injury last season. When Jack had been injured how many of us were saying we needed another player who could do something like what Jack does??? We went and fetched Buendia so we're not just relying on Jack, even if he's out. Were trying to become a more in depth team now and that includes up front and we need quality there besides Watkins. Now think if Watkins gets put out, we could be instantaneously having a last season's problem resurge and all because we rested on the idea that our backups can do the job. We know full well Davis isn't good enough and Wesley could very well struggle. We could be in a similar spot half way through season, we lose Watkins and we did nothing about it and we slip down the table because we can't put the ball away. I know the first thing that will happen if that happens, one we start blaming Smith and Lange and two those who were slating Tammy end up now his biggest admirers lol.

29 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Asi said he does look wicked, alot more toned and defined and not as bulked as when he first arrived.

If we're going to stick with Wesley as our second I do then wish him luck firstly and secondly I hope if he doesn't measure up that VT and the whole of Villa doesn't turn him into a bad unwanted guy around here. I have seen how quickly our fans can switch on a player and the moment Watkins gets injured and he's on, if he can't do anything I fear our fans will turn like the wind.

Goodluck Wesley for the upcoming season, I hope if we don't buy a striker you make it as a premier player this season and really make your mark.

• Like 2

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

Lets give him time. 45 mins, first game of pre-season, most minutes hes had in over 18 months.

Please. Please lets not get on the guys back already.

Didn't he play a couple of games for the u23 last season? 

I do agree though that he needs time.

5 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Lets give him time. 45 mins, first game of pre-season, most minutes hes had in over 18 months.

Please. Please lets not get on the guys back already.

Agreed - but he wasn't totally convincing before his injury. IMO he needs to produce significantly more than he done perhaps any time in his career. Also better players then Wes would play second fiddle to Watkins.

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Grabbed an assist, a bit sharper and he’d have grabbed a goal, relatively encouraging if you ask me.

I’m a massive fan of his but I was disappointed if I’m honest, I thought he was well off but Davis made him look better given how poor Davis was.

• Like 1

Its just one friendly but what I saw hasnt changed my mind, we need someone as a second choice striker behind Ollie with Wesley being third choice and Davis going out on loan.

Walsall is a league two side playing trialists. I expect a number 9 like Wesley to smash his way through such feeble opposition.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 3

He looked like a lame carthorse I'm afraid. Needs some more pace and agility but he's had as much training as the rest so not sure there is much to be optimistic about !

• Like 1

Â