dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'd be tempted to start him centrally as the 10 against Norwich with Grealish on the left and Trezeguet on the right. El Ghazi/Kodjia up front. 

After that Saints mess we absolutely should be trying something different like this.

We won't.

• Like 1

Just now, Tomaszk said:

After that Saints mess we absolutely should be trying something different like this.

We won't.

Trump once said he could stand on New York’s Fifth Avenue “and shoot somebody” and still not lose voters.
I would use a similar analogy to Wesley and him being dropped from the starting XI but it wouldn't fit as he can't shoot. 

Sigh. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'd be tempted to start him centrally as the 10 against Norwich with Grealish on the left and Trezeguet on the right. El Ghazi/Kodjia up front. 

Playing your best player out of position isnt the way to go. Recent results and performances is evidence of that.

I do like Jota though. He is an able backup to Grealish in the No.10 role.

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, striker said:

Playing your best player out of position isnt the way to go. Recent results and performances is evidence of that.

I do like Jota though. He is an able backup to Grealish in the No.10 role.

Smith should have drilled 4-2-3-1 in Pre Season. It does suits our squad more.

Jota would be a great backup for Jack in the 10 role as you say.

Playing Jota wide is like playing Mata out wide. They are both too slow and get's bullied there.

Edited by villalad21

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Smith should have drilled 4-2-3-1 in Pre Season. It does suits our squad more.

Jota would be a great backup for Jack in the 10 role as you say.

Playing Jota wide is like playing Mata out wide. They are both too slow and get's bullied there.

Can't wait for your application to go in for next Villa manager!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Really surprised me him starting against Watford, hopefully we can put this to bed now he is nowhere near a PL player soft as shite and should never start a game again!

I don’t think Smith had much choice because the performances of El Ghazi and Trezeguet were that bad against Norwich. 

Given Kodjia seems to be persona non grata Jota was the only other option. Unfortunately even though Trez and Anwar are awful Jota doesn’t seem to be any better. 

Everyone is talking about needing a winger in Jan but if we want to get to a point where we have 11 decent players hen we probably need 2.

Edited by villaglint

3 hours ago, sne said:

He was a cheap squad filler and nothing more.

He might be a better player than O'Hare but yeah. Not good enough and money we might as well have saved for the little impact he has.

Sure he isnt great but certainly done more at this level than Gardner would

Â