dont_do_it_doug.

Hmmm while I agree with the physicality comments, wouldn't want to write him off completely for us yet.

He is down the pecking order ATM though so would happily see him go out on loan if we're getting a winger/IF in.

Earlier in this thread I said I didn’t want to write Jota off just yet but it looks as though Smith has. Probably for the best if he moves on.

We need to move on some of the dead wood. He is so far the pecking order he isn’t going to contribute in the 15 games we have left. I’ll always remember him fondly for helping us dispose with Gary Gardner though.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Donated money to Wando High School in in Charleston, SC as has a relative on the team i believe. Nice Fella, but could have given it to my High School ;) The Wando head coach doesn't even support the villa!!!!!

• Like 2

On 29/01/2020 at 21:49, Elton said:

Earlier in this thread I said I didn’t want to write Jota off just yet but it looks as though Smith has. Probably for the best if he moves on.

We need to move on some of the dead wood. He is so far the pecking order he isn’t going to contribute in the 15 games we have left. I’ll always remember him fondly for helping us dispose with Gary Gardner though.

Jota will be really good for us next season when we are a champ team.

• Like 1

On 27/02/2020 at 14:36, MaVilla said:

Jota will be really good for us next season when we are a champ team.

He will yes I agree, but if we do stay up we must sell him, he's not good enough at this level, along with Ghazi, Trezeguet, Davis, Greene, Hogan, Bree, Sarkic, Taylor, Lansbury, Jota.

Elmo and Hourihane are one as I may add after that as the two of them do seem to do the business in one way or another.

That's at least ten players, twelve if you count Conor and Elmo come summer if we stay in the prem, that we without a doubt need to move on some way or another and make way for real quality. Sure there maybe at least two more I havnt mentioned, ahh yeah Kalanic is one making that number to eleven or thirteen. It's still alot of players where depending where were at next season could all be moved on, if we're a champ team then some will be of use again but would only offer them season by season contracts.

• 2 weeks later...

This deal was sorted before promotion was achieved. 

We swapped him for Gary Gardner. 

He's of more use to us than him.

If we never went up he'd have probably started about 35 games this season.

• Like 3

I know lots will disagree but I'd have played him a lot more. My main frustration with the likes of Trezeguet is how cheaply he loses the ball - sure he runs quicker than Jota...just unfortunate it's normally straight into the opposition.

Ball retention is towards the top of my long list of things we need to do far better.

• Like 3

Â