dont_do_it_doug.

On 17/10/2019 at 01:49, zab6359 said:

We were fortunate in not winning the league in that getting the windfall from coming up via the play offs was an absolute blessing, I'm not sure that level of funding would have been forthcoming from the owners own pockets. And we are in a much stronger position for it.

Say wha?!

We were fortunate in not winning the league in that getting the windfall from coming up via the play offs was an absolute blessing, I'm not sure that level of funding would have been forthcoming from the owners own pockets. And we are in a much stronger position for it.

13 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Say wha?!

u wot m8 ill bash ur fookin headin GIF

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

You don't understand how it works do you?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Not on the bench again today, yet played a few weeks ago. He seemed to be getting a good understanding with Wes, if for I wouldn’t be adverse to playing McGinn deeper (where I think he is more effective), next to Nakamba and have Jota in the ten role. Think he’s too slow for the wide position but has a good pass on him. 

Has he even been on the bench since injury? Odd he was back training before Wolves yet hardly made the 18 despite starting a few games earlier on in the season.

Would imagine we'll see him on Tuesday as Jack is on 4 yellows and booking would rule him out of the Southampton game which we can't really afford in our current state.

56 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Has he even been on the bench since injury? Odd he was back training before Wolves yet hardly made the 18 despite starting a few games earlier on in the season.

Would imagine we'll see him on Tuesday as Jack is on 4 yellows and booking would rule him out of the Southampton game which we can't really afford in our current state.

He came on against Chelsea and then not been on bench since 

For now, I think he's a good option to have. When you look at our bench, you struggle where the change will be!

Until Burnley game we can't add any player. All of those 4 games are crucial. If we go in a good run then we're fine! Most of them we'll need to find attacking solutions. Last 3 games were pathetic.

49 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If you don't play him as a 10 i don't see much use for him. Trez and El Ghazi are both better options as wingers.

Agreed. He’s no traditional wingers with flying pace like Young. But he has composure & can see a pass , if there’s movement from his teammates , which I hardly see, without options He’s than left to fend for himself & dispossessed. I think even D.Silva/Inneista etc would also struggle in our current setup.
Smith Really need to sort this out as Jota seemed really not suited to our play style, especially the hoof game yesterday. There’s a big mis match of the players we bought to play our current style. I really think striker in Maupay Mold would suit Jota game more .. 

6 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

Agreed. He’s no traditional wingers with flying pace like Young. But he has composure & can see a pass , if there’s movement from his teammates , which I hardly see, without options He’s than left to fend for himself & dispossessed. I think even D.Silva/Inneista etc would also struggle in our current setup.
Smith Really need to sort this out as Jota seemed really not suited to our play style, especially the hoof game yesterday. There’s a big mis match of the players we bought to play our current style. I really think striker in Maupay Mold would suit Jota game more .. 

Playing Jack as an 8 with Jota as his backup would suit us more. I think.

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Surely picking up the 5th yellow in a cup game doesn’t result in a suspension?

Someone was saying yesterday it changed this season so the accumulation of yellows ban no longer even puts you out for a cup game, just the next league game.

16 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

We got rid of Gary Gardner though him. I say money well spent.

True - but then we spent £4m on guy who hadn't sparkled in the championship - and was therefore unlikely to sparkle in the prem . Waste

Â