dont_do_it_doug.

23 minutes ago, djdabush said:

Are hernia's not the sort of thing that show up on medicals then? Assuming we didn't know about it before he signed, I'd be extremely irritated if I were Dean Smith that he kept that a secret.

why would it irritate you?

• Like 1

According to the birmingham mail it was actually two hernias in his groin, says he was playing and training in quite a bit of pain.

Wouldn't be surprised if a  medical didn't pick that up, but very surprised if he was in pain and didn't tell anyone?

All seems a bit strange to me, sure he will feel a lot better though if they get the hernias sorted.

1 hour ago, djdabush said:

Are hernia's not the sort of thing that show up on medicals then? Assuming we didn't know about it before he signed, I'd be extremely irritated if I were Dean Smith that he kept that a secret.

I’m pretty sure the club would have known.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

2 hours ago, djdabush said:

That he had an existing injury that he didn't disclose in an area of the pitch we are lacking in strength in depth. Why wouldn't it irritate you?

He prob knew he was almost ready to get it sorted. Getting hospital appointment for these things take months if not a year or more of waiting. We do not know that the injury hadn't been disclosed to Smith, Purslow or Jesus, it may of been discussed on arrival and they felt they would take him anyway it does happen.

I just hope once he is back we see a much improved player, I'm hoping that was the reason all along that Jota was lacking, once he has rested recovered and is back playing, he needs to improve on speed, acceleration and start showing us who he really is.

It will be much tougher now we have given the left to Jack for a winger to get in, before the change we were still needing wingers, now it's a case of we have just enough to fight for the right flank. The current set up I like better than having two wingers, Jack higher up the pitch is much better and I feel our subs are being utilised better.

Edited by Dave-R

6 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Those opinions were as idiotic as it could get. Stick with the core of a squad that finished 5th in the Championship? No thanks. We'd be looking a record for lowest points ever in the Premier League sticking with that lot. Norwich are currently proving a good case study of where failing to invest properly gets you at this level.

We were fortunate in not winning the league in that getting the windfall from coming up via the play offs was an absolute blessing, I'm not sure that level of funding would have been forthcoming from the owners own pockets. And we are in a much stronger position for it.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, djdabush said:

Lots of players continue to play with hernias and get the OP at a convenient time, pretty sure the club would have known all along.

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

He prob knew he was almost ready to get it sorted. Getting hospital appointment for these things take months if not a year or more of waiting. We do not know that the injury hadn't been disclosed to Smith, Purslow or Jesus, it may of been discussed on arrival and they felt they would take him anyway it does happen.

I just hope once he is back we see a much improved player, I'm hoping that was the reason all along that Jota was lacking, once he has rested recovered and is back playing, he needs to improve on speed, acceleration and start showing us who he really is.

It will be much tougher now we have given the left to Jack for a winger to get in, before the change we were still needing wingers, now it's a case of we have just enough to fight for the right flank. The current set up I like better than having two wingers, Jack higher up the pitch is much better and I feel our subs are being utilised better.

I'm not so sure we will see much more tbh, he'll play a small part this season in places but very much doubt he will play a part next season should we stay up.

17 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I think your hoping for a little too much. The hernia doesn't degrade your talents it just causes pain and discomfort. He will be just as slow post op as before. Imagine shooting and achey pains in your bollocks intermittently. That's a hernia. 

On 18/10/2019 at 05:33, avfc1982am said:

I think your hoping for a little too much. The hernia doesn't degrade your talents it just causes pain and discomfort. He will be just as slow post op as before. Imagine shooting and achey pains in your bollocks intermittently. That's a hernia. 

Sounds like the wife to me, but hey ho.

• Haha 1

On 17/10/2019 at 13:49, zab6359 said:

We were fortunate in not winning the league in that getting the windfall from coming up via the play offs was an absolute blessing, I'm not sure that level of funding would have been forthcoming from the owners own pockets. And we are in a much stronger position for it.

You don't get extra windfall from winning via playoff vs getting promoted. It's called richest game in football because of expected earnings in PL + TV money. Norwich and Sheffield already had that expected earnings via promotion

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 20/10/2019 at 03:34, Kiwivillan said:

You don't get extra windfall from winning via playoff vs getting promoted. It's called richest game in football because of expected earnings in PL + TV money. Norwich and Sheffield already had that expected earnings via promotion

Too be fair I bet the playoff final probably is quite a rich game but it isn't 100mil rich. It may be 1-2extra mil for each participant. 

Â