dont_do_it_doug.

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Because we use a CAM as a RWF

That's where he played for blues and Brentford. He definitely doesn't have the pace to be a prem winger though and I wonder if he'd fit better as a number 10.

Edited by Rolta

Just now, Rolta said:

That seems to be where he played for blues and Brentford. He definitely doesn't have the pace to be a prem winger though and I agree he'd look so much better as a number 10.

That doesn't mean he is more suited there.

I'm sure he can do a job as a winger in Championship and here, but you won't get to see the best of his qualities. He reminds of Mata a lot. Obviously not as good, but style of play.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Villaphan04 said:

I'd like to see more of him. My opinion, but I'd rather see him more than Hourihane for a few games. 

Agreed. Nothing more to add. 

3 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

I'd like to see more of him. My opinion, but I'd rather see him more than Hourihane for a few games. 

Without a doubt, I hope I don’t see hourihane play for us again

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Without a doubt, I hope I don’t see hourihane play for us again

Better get used to it. He'll be a starter and probably captain in the Championship next season.

• Sad 1

I think that is little cameo against Chelsea is being taken as evidence for him to get more game time. One shot that went wide. What about all his other performances where he's been absolutely useless?

• Like 1

if we get relegated he would be a good player for us in the Champ.

Im not sure he has ben given a good shot/run of games this season considering how terrible our main wingers have been (Ghazi & Trez - i agree jota isnt a classic winger though, more if an inside forward or wide playmaker for me), not saying he would have proven to be prem quality, but i also remember that Everton game, he was sublime, would be more than happy to see him in the team next season if we do get relegated.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

It would have made more sense to bring him on rather than nakamba when chasing the game. He is very limited because of his lack of pace, but against a team parking a bus his vision e technical ability are still valuable 

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure this was the game to bring him on, clear lack of pace. But thought he had a decent game — had a delicious cross field ball to play Trez in soon after coming on. 

Clearly has the ability to unlock defenses and at this point, i'm not sure who else bar Grealish has that in their locker. Problem is we can't rely on him in games vs pacy squads. Probably why he's been a Championship player. 

Â